Cordona GP quick shifter help

rich7/12

Hi all,

Anyone got any experience with a Cordona GP quick shifter into Dynojet PCIII usb?

It's on a GSXR1000k4.

It's cutting in at anything over 4k revs continuously and even sends the fuel injection into a wobble on startup creating a FI error code.

Disconnected it and runs fine.

It had stood for a while but didn't have the battery disconnected.

Anyon any clues for a fix?

Thanks,

Rich

Have you got it plugged into an ignition module or the boggo PC?

Hi, just straight into the PC.

Previous owner had it working (alledgedly)...

Thanks,

Rich

I've had a problem with erratic triggering of the Cordona sensor. Cordona and especially the crap importer where of no help at all. In the end, the problem went away by rerouting the cable from the sensor to the PC, away from any of the standard loom. It appears that the sensor cable is susceptible to noise.

I've had a problem with erratic triggering of the Cordona sensor. Cordona and especially the crap importer where of no help at all. In the end, the problem went away by rerouting the cable from the sensor to the PC, away from any of the standard loom. It appears that the sensor cable is susceptible to noise.

Ooooh, now you might be on to a winner here.... maybe some DIY shielding of some sort too might also help.

Thanks, very much - I'll give it a whirl.

Rich

Rich, I run the same set up on my K3. For starters, you can set up the quickshifter in the PC3 software, but you'll need the shiftkill enable stuff if it's not already activated. If it is, try setting the activation limit to over 9,000 rpm and a kill time of about 38ms.

Rich, I run the same set up on my K3. For starters, you can set up the quickshifter in the PC3 software, but you'll need the shiftkill enable stuff if it's not already activated. If it is, try setting the activation limit to over 9,000 rpm and a kill time of about 38ms.

Alright fella,

can I tweak the settings just by plugging into the laptop? I've downloaded the PC3 software but wondered if I needed the programmer thingy?

Cheers,

Rich

Rich, the sensitivity is adjusted via the grub screws on the Shifter itself, and the timing and rev limit can be adjusted in the PC3 software, once you've enabled shiftkill.

Let em know if you want me to mail you the shiftkillenable. :thumbsup:

Rich, the sensitivity is adjusted via the grub screws on the Shifter itself, and the timing and rev limit can be adjusted in the PC3 software, once you've enabled shiftkill.

Let em know if you want me to mail you the shiftkillenable. :angry:

ahhhh, I'll bet it's set too sensitive - when I apply a little pressure on the gear lever 'away' from the switch it run's fine...

Archived