Yamaha TZR250 RS 3XV

arlurt

STOP PRESS! - The bike now has 12 months MoT. I'll let it go to you guys until Friday 9th of July, then the sale lots will be spilt up and it goes on eBay.

I'm selling my J Reg 1992 Yamaha TZR250 RS 3XV, fitted with an SP engine and 36mm SP carbs. The bike is SORN'd, but has 12 months MoT. The bike is fully assembled, running and ridable once you've taxed it. Full history can be found in the Yamaha section of the forum. I've had the bike for four years and am the second UK owner. The speed restrictor is removed, and the bike has a MPH speedo (gearbox on front wheel) and shows 10128 miles on the odometer. I have done less than a thousand miles, as did the previous owner. From the MoTs it looks like the odometer total was converted to miles when the speedo markings were changed from Kmh to Mph.

Also included in the sale is the original and complete RS dry-clutch engine, which has a failed big end bearing, and the original 28mm RS carbs and airbox rubbers, so you can change back to "as-standard" if you wish, and still use the bike while the RS engine is being rebuilt.

The bike has one of the rare factory original single seat covers, and comes with the pillion seat pad and rear footrests. It has an unmolested rear mudguard and the rubber oil tank/battery cover. Only one key, but with a matching set of locks. I'll throw in workshop manuals for the R, RS and SP, parts books for the same, brochures and other paper goodies. £2750

Here's a glimpse, see the thread for the full story.

Thumb_Im_Back.jpg Thumb_DS_Tail.jpg Thumb_Sale_Spares_6.jpg Thumb_Sale_Spares_7.jpg

I'm also selling all of the 3XV spares, including another complete "RS" dry-clutch engine (rust damaged crank bearings), most of an "R" wet-clutch engine (engine cases, cylinders, heads, gearbox, clutch, engine cover, water pumb, balance shaft, but no crank), complete dry clutch kit (clutch, engine cover, etc) 3XV R crank (with 1 dead big end), 1 TZ250 (5KE) crank (good, used), another barrel and head, various power valves and bushes (SP and R), generator (stator, rotor and pickups), 2 CDIs (tested OK, -00 and -40), left air box, several powervalve bushes and linkage, a pair of mirrors, rear subframe, pillion seat, carb choke kits, full wiring loom, shortened tail piece plastics, pillion seat, pair of rear indicators, clutch holding tool...

Also, all of the NEW UNUSED Yamaha boxed and bagged spares (1 piston, 2 sets of rings, 2 gudgen pins, 3 head gaskets, 14 base gaskets (3XV and 4DP), 4 right engine cover gaskets, 1 left engine cover gasket, 1 crankcase half gasket, 2 left air filters, 1 right air filter, 4 reed valves, reed valve block gaskets, a pair of new spark plugs, sprocket nuts and tab washers, bolts, oil pipes, new clips for oils and fuel pipes, and God knows what else...

You get the idea, there's a lot of stuff. pictures of most of it on the thread with the bike. £1250

I've dragged everything out today to do some photos...

Thumb_Sale_Spares_1.jpg Thumb_Sale_Spares_2.jpg Thumb_Sale_Spares_3.jpg Thumb_Sale_Spares_4.jpg Thumb_Sale_Spares_5.jpg

You can have the bike and the spares for £3500.

Drop me a line here if you want to come and have a look.

I was having a skeg at the diffrent strokers site just the other eve, having just picked up an R1-Z to waste spend some time and money on. I read your amazing thread, all 10 pages :thumbsup: . Must be so disappointing to have put mucho time and effort into it and then decide to sell, especially nearing completion. Good look with the sale anyway bud. :)

I've got 2 3xv's already. Should I go for the hat trick??????

If only I had some money.

Lovely bike btw :)

If you've got two already I wouldn't want to burden you with another, but surely a spare engine (and a half) and some gaskets can't go a-miss...!? :D

It is a lovely thing - and unlike mine it looks just as good close up as it does in the pics. Shame you can't keep it.

You do need to register on DS to read the For Sale ad, but the long and entertaining history thread can be read by anyone : Click Here. :thumbsup:

TZR_pair1_big.jpg

Oh man.... I love these buggers. Do you reckon I can sneak it past Mrs Rompy?

"What's that you say? Catastrophic testicle damage? Thank you doctor, you did your best. Do you have some loose-fitting trousers, by any chance?"

Sale_Spares_4.jpg

Looks like just your sort of thing Rompy :eusa_whistle:

It is a lovely thing - and unlike mine it looks just as good close up as it does in the pics. Shame you can't keep it.

You do need to register on DS to read the For Sale ad, but the long and entertaining history thread can be read by anyone : Click Here. :wub:

TZR_pair1_big.jpg

I loved the write up - a cracking read, and well done for continuing in the face of adversity :eusa_whistle:

I loved this bit... " it was made once before, it can be made again". This should be the moto of any two stroke owner.

If you've got two already I wouldn't want to burden you with another, but surely a spare engine (and a half) and some gaskets can't go a-miss...!? :eusa_whistle:

I have a spare engine thanks along with another few bits and bobs.

I've got some interest in the 3XV, but it seems everyone's got to sell one before the wife will let them buy another. I might be the same myself...

Come on guys, this isn't a project, it's complete, with extras, and dying to be yours!

Here's some new pictures, taken tonight, to show you what you're missing.

T_Sale-1.jpg T_Sale-20.jpg T_Sale-17.jpg T_Sale-19.jpg T_Sale-13.jpg

There are loads more new photos on the DS For Sale section if you're registered on there.

It's true, it does run, here's a

of it running last night.

Not sure about the dodgy shorts and footwear though... :)

The replacement rear shock has arrived. I'll check it over and look at fitting over the weekend.

Then it's MoT time, and on to eBay with it. Unless someone buys it before then... :pokeit:

Thumb_Shock.jpg

New rear shock fitted this morning and MoT passed.

T_Shock_Sale-2.jpg T_Shock_Sale-3.jpg T_Shock_Sale-1.jpg

The price stays the same for you guys until Friday, then the two sale lots will be broken up, and the whole lot goes on eBay.

Come on, you know you want a dry-clutch 3XV, with 12 Months MoT and loads of spares... :icon_blackeye:

• 2 weeks later...
The price stays the same for you guys until Friday, then the two sale lots will be broken up, and the whole lot goes on eBay.

Potential bargain HERE for somebody...

Archived