tyre fitting

porter_jamie

probably been done already, but how much does/can it cost to get a set of tyres fitted (loose rims or the ride in prices)

t'internet has lots of places with cheapo mail order tyre deals these days.

£5 a loose wheel including balancing (should be £10 a wheel) at my local honda dealer. It's all about be-friending the parts desk guy!

Andy

I fit my own. Only cost me about £25 for the stuff to do it, and it's fairly hard work, but if it saves you £20 quid a time, that's £20 of fuel to put in the tank!

I fit mine, too

Easy job, 10-15 mins per wheel taking it steady and only costs are beer consumption whilst doing it and balance weights

I do my own too, takes me longer to get the wheel out and in that changing and balancing the tyre.

There's a bit in the "Workshop Tutorials" that showed me how to do it, its not that hard.

Spent about 20quid on 3 tyre levers, and a little box of wheel weights, and that should do me for tyre changes forever.

Do it, the sense of achievement is brilliant!

I use my local National Tyres branch. £15 a pair fitted and balanced to loose wheels, whether you buy the tyres off them, or supply your own.

The guys are pretty good too, they point out any scratches / stone chips to you before hand (if there are any) and let you watch, as they've had damaged wheels in the past where folks have tried to say they've caused it by fitting the tyres.

£15... not worth the ball ache of doing it yourself IMO.

Archived