Aprilia RS Rebuild

nzknut

Hi Team,

I've bought an RS aprilia to rebuild.. Rode it a year or so a ago, since them my friend who i bought it off seized it. (see RS250 Aprilia in Readers Rides)

Then he left it at his mates house who pulled all the stickers off it, snapped the key off in the seat and broke the screen (what a f8cking winner)

I need to replace the front cylinder - but i'm having trouble finding one... any of you chaps have a spare?? I could post you cash as i dont have paypal?

Any ideas for the rebuild would be awesome, the bike comes with stainless pipes one up each side and carbon kevlar stingers.. i'm not sure which brand though..

Its a silver model, i'll put picks up when my retard internet unf6cks itself

29236_398720541449_612976449_4092501_7568641_n.jpg

29236_398720536449_612976449_4092500_151192_n.jpg

29236_398720521449_612976449_4092499_2300546_n.jpg

Mk I... Nicely :thumbsup:

Bit o' T.L.C. and it'll clean up a treat...

Can't tell from here, but that looks like a Mk II tank that's been added on... The 'infill' panels (your seat) are supposed to be black as well, so there's been a bit of 'playing about' with it.

Stuff the cosmetics for now though, jus' concentrate on getting the motor sorted and running sweetly...

Q. Did you get the pipes?

G

PS. I've got a couple of spare barrels, if you're looking. The were offered to Morepower, but he's not come back to me yet.

Mk I... Nicely :icon_salut:

Bit o' T.L.C. and it'll clean up a treat...

Can't tell from here, but that looks like a Mk II tank that's been added on... The 'infill' panels (your seat) are supposed to be black as well, so there's been a bit of 'playing about' with it.

Stuff the cosmetics for now though, jus' concentrate on getting the motor sorted and running sweetly...

G

PS. I've got a couple of spare barrels, if you're looking. The were offered to Morepower, but he's not come back to me yet.

HI Gobe.. I do still want the barrels and powervalves to get me going again. But if KZknut can get the dodgy one re-plated or I can get it done he can have one of the ones you have. so getting us both out of the crap.

Been slow to get back to you as I have to sort out someone who owes me a LOT of money and it has gone to solicitors now..

HI Gobe.. I do still want the barrels and powervalves to get me going again. But if KZknut can get the dodgy one re-plated or I can get it done he can have one of the ones you have. so getting us both out of the crap.

No worries, just happy to help keep a few decent RGV/RS owners movin' (ring a ding ding, doo!) :sleeping:

You've got first dibs, with KZNut a close second, if he needs 'em.

:)

Been slow to get back to you as I have to sort out someone who owes me a LOT of money and it has gone to solicitors now..

Ah hell... that's not the sort of things that you want to hear (or have to deal with) bad jui jui...

Fingers-crossed that all gets settled pronto and isn't dragged out.

G :beerchug:

Ah hell... that's not the sort of things that you want to hear (or have to deal with) bad jui jui...

Fingers-crossed that all gets settled pronto and isn't dragged out.

G :sleeping:

I hope so too. Thanks...

Hi, yeah i got the pipes, but no pictures of them on here..

not to fussed about the cosmetics, was thinking about putting the later model fairings on it, but too much $$ at the moment.`

Hope to get it running and rideable by mid september.

<snip> was thinking about putting the later model fairings on it, but too much $$ at the moment.`

To do that properly, means that you'd need to source a Mk II subframe (four bolts to mount) and remount things like the oil tank*

I wouldn't worry... The Mk I was always rather pretty (imho) and a rare sight these days :huh:

Concentrate on getting the engine sorted out and the power-valves setup properly, then onto the brakes and suspension (Mk I has separate compression and rebound in the forks).

G

*Mk I has the oil tank in the tail, whereas the Mk II has it to the side of a main frame spar.

Keep it as the original Mk1 shape, i prefer these to the later version.

Ofcourse it's your choice, but originality is going to be key with these bikes in the future and if you keep hold of it and the original parts are now becoming an investement, you only have to look at RGV prices on the bay over the last 3 years to see the trend is only going one way and that is up.

this is true... Well, i cant get the pillion seat off because the key is missing.. dont really need it, worth drilling it out?

I've managed to source another cylinder for free which needs replating, might pop a picture up of the knackered one this avo. Does anyone know how to remove the small brass fitting from the back of the cylinders?

Archived