honda cbr 954rr/929rr parts interchange

diogo

I got a 03 cbr 954rr link pipe and if you gentlemen care to share with me, I would like to know if it's a straight fit on a stock cbr 929rr exhaust system.

on a side not

does anyone out here knows the interchangeability btw this bike and the RC-51, CBR 1000rr, wheels, discs offset, wheel spacers, forks, etc?

cheers

Diogo

Hmm, dunno about the link pipe, but cans definitely can be swapped between the two, the only difference is the strap holds them at a slightly different part of the can IYSWIM

As for interchangeability on the front end...

Calipers are common between SP1/2, 929, 954 and early 600RRs

Forks between SP1/2, 929, 954 and CBR1000RR will swap but need the relevant calipers (see above) and brackets (SP1/2)

Mudguard can be swapped between SP1/2 and 929 and 954

Same front wheel for 929 and 954, CBR1000 is different width, dunno about SPs

Discs between 929 and 954 are same diameter but different colours, (929 black, 954 gold), CBR1000 IIRC are smaller than 929/954 but are the same as CBR600RRs, SP1/2 not sure...

Not sure about the spindles to be honest, but would imagine that they'd be the same diameter, would have to check the manuals

It's probably best if you say what you want to do and then we can chip in with any help, advice or hindrance :blink:

right thanks for the input

what I wanted to do is to change the forks for the rr8-rr10 model, keeping the the 929rr triple yokes and if possible keeping the stock 929rr wheel but changing discs from the newer model, as for calipers I have some radial R6/R1 calipers wich I could use.

regards

Diogo

Yup, as Zak said, the spindle diameters on SP's are slightly smaller than on the CBRs, so lots of things round there get tricky. The bearings in the wheels are different sizes, and they also sit off to one side on the SP1, meaning you'll need new spacers. SP forks are also slightly longer than CBR ones too.

Yup, as Zak said, the spindle diameters on SP's are slightly smaller than on the CBRs, so lots of things round there get tricky. The bearings in the wheels are different sizes, and they also sit off to one side on the SP1, meaning you'll need new spacers. SP forks are also slightly longer than CBR ones too.

thanks lorenzo for that info, what about using the 08-10 blade forks? is there a big diference in fork lenght? longer forks are easy to fix, one just drop the yokes on them but if they are shorter.......:S

once again thanks for all the help and quick repplies on this

cheers

Diogo

Don't know about 08 forks; it was probably 07-08 when I was doing my research! The 954 forks are a wee bit shorter than the 929 forks as they've got the stepped down top yoke.

The 954 forks are a wee bit shorter than the 929 forks as they've got the stepped down top yoke.

...so does my 929rr :-S

anyway Honda dealer called me yesterday morning to say that the 954 swingarm swap isn't as bolt-on as I thought and that I needed a new rear caliper carrier (apparently the 929 one doesn't fit) and maybe new rear wheel spacers....ohhh happy days.....:-(

...so does my 929rr :-S

anyway Honda dealer called me yesterday morning to say that the 954 swingarm swap isn't as bolt-on as I thought and that I needed a new rear caliper carrier (apparently the 929 one doesn't fit) and maybe new rear wheel spacers....ohhh happy days.....:-(

I might be able to help with that, I'll hopefully get chance to jump into the garage in a bit to have a look

I might be able to help with that, I'll hopefully get chance to jump into the garage in a bit to have a look

much appreciated

cheers Heds

Diogo

I got the caliper carrier from the 954rr but it's not here yet....what a bugger, missing all these hot sunny days just because of this...;)

I'm still not sure if the rear wheel spacers from the 929rr will fit or if the 954rr carrier itself would be enough to space the wheel out to perfect alignment....:-S

Sorry Diogo, I've been away since Friday (family stuff), are you sorted now or do I need to see if I've still got that caliper carrier?

Sorry Diogo, I've been away since Friday (family stuff), are you sorted now or do I need to see if I've still got that caliper carrier?

No worries Heds

I got it from ebay, it should be arriving anytime now....:thumbsup:

What buggers me is that I'm not sure if the caliper carrier is enough to make the conversion or if I'll still be needing the rear wheel spacers from the 954rr :-S

What buggers me is that I'm not sure if the caliper carrier is enough to make the conversion or if I'll still be needing the rear wheel spacers from the 954rr :-S

Ok, glad you've sourced one...

As for the spacer issue sorry I can't help you with that one, perhaps have a look on Ron Ayers clicky1 clicky2 or ask a Honda dealership to check part numbers or even a big breakers might be able to advise? :thumbsup:

I went to Honda dealer today just to find out that the rear shock linkage with the 954rr swingarm makes the 929rr rear biased and rear lower so have to get new dogbones and rear raisers.....Kin hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have an adjustable dogbone, might be of interest for you, has three positions to choose from...

is it for the 954 or 929? do I use the existing linkage with that adjustable dogbone? if so.....yes I really want it/need it.

PM me the price Heds please

cheers

Diogo

PS.: you've been really helpfull with all my doubts and issues through out this :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

BTW

I finally made the 954rr swingarm conversion work you need to buy the 954rr linkage wich are diferent from the ones on the 929rr, the dogbones are exactly the same lenght, the only downside is that you don't have the rear high adjustment shock from the 954rr because there's no mounting point on the frame for that....:thumbsup:

Archived