Do you think i could turn this into one of these?

Ray Von

:getmecoat: With enough photoshop, anything is possible......

On the face of it yes .... looks like a new front end, but the trick bit would be the rear. I'd say (having no experience with BMW's at all) that the the shaft drive is longer with longer shocks, so new rear end maybe. The tank and seat unit is something you'll need to either find / make ... or do without and use the original it just depends how much like the second bike you want it.

The gearing might be a bit high for off road use

I don't want it exactly like that, but i have been thinking about a touring /enduro style bike.

I was thinking about gettign a DRZ 400SM, but that might be a bit buzzy and the tank range is small, but i've got this R80 i was going to wheeler dealer it, then someone put a BMW enduro and i thought, that would be ace to own, it'd be 90% road 10% green lanes anyway.

But i just love the style of the big BM enduro bikes, but not enough to justify BMW money on it.

Have a look on ADVrider for plenty of info and inspiration.

i've whiled away many an hour poring over the build threads on there

i like the old school look;

590999278_rRxm4-M.jpg

but some of the modern conversions look fun;

624631164_qPtGW-L.jpg

Cheers Chris, that exactly what i'm looking for, will have mooch after work tonight.

I was quite impressed with the very low C of G of the BM when wheeling it about and it's such a pleasure to work on after being used to Jap bikes for the last 25 years, that i'm charmed by it's simple effectiveness.

I'm not a fan of the road bikes, but the enduro look would be ace for one of these and would make a lot of sense, instead of saving up and buying a proper SM/enduro.

Archived