Touch Up Paint

Zakalwe

Righto...I need a wee bit of Honda Repsol Orange to touch up a fairing panel (was cracked- magic stuff that Plastech :icon_salut: ). I bought some from this crew on eBay, but it has come out much darker when I blew it across the repaired crack.

I have the ColorRite codes, but I think that they are unique to them.

Did you paint it over a white base coat? Orange needs to be over white rather than grey or other colours as otherwise it comes out dull.

The original panel was cracked, so Plasteced it on the back. on the front there was a hairline crack which was filled(only a very thin smear). I rubbed the original down a touch then blew the top coat over it.

Should I sand back to a base, then white, then top coat?

Yes if you want it to be perfect. Otherwise you could use a touch up kit and brush the paint on.

Bike Colours

These guys are the shiznetts...

Speak to Malcom and he'll sort you out.

Erm, thats where he's got it from!

I've had there stuff for a 9r engine cover, and I'd say it was slightly darker aswell. It's getting expensive for a can now too.

Oops sorry! I haven't used them in ages, since we got our own in house paintshop at work, probably about 2 years now.

They may have gone a bit downhill... possibly?

I reckon it's operator error, phone Mal up and ask him if the paint needs a base and what colour that would need to be. Alternatively, why don't you contact him and then go and see him, he's based in Lancaster...

Mal Wilkinson: Email: info@bikecolours.com Tel: 01524 33700 Mob: 07960 168424

You know...I didnt notice that he was based in Lancaster! Good shout fella :eusa_whistle:

I haven't spoken to Mal for ages, I'm sure he'll be keen to get you sorted out :icon_salut:

dont forget that colours fade as time goes by might have been worth having the colour matched to the bike rather than a pattern that will give you the original colour, reds are especially bad for this because they contain iron oxide i'm lead to believe, which is why there are so many powder pink fords on the road. also some colours get darker the more coats you give them.

edited because ive been working with the reflux still again this evening and although the alchohol is very farkin good its not if you want to be able to think in a straight line!!

Archived