YZF750 running problem

DC98

Right guys I've had my YZF750 for a little while now but I'd never had it running as the battery was died as a door nail when I bought it but the guy I got it from had had it running prior to me picking it up.

I've since stripped and rebuilt the whole bike and today was the moment of truth to see if it would run ok or if I'd been stitched up by the seller. Anyway I checked everything was connected and then pressed the starter button and to my joy after a couple of turns she burst into life.

So I let it warm up for a minute or 2 and checked it wasn't leaking anything and thought I'd give it a rev but it got to around 4k then wouldn't rev anymore just stuttered. It sounds like its hitting a rev limiter, I've checked everything over agian and it all looks fine with everything connected as it should.

I've got a couple of ideas that it might which I'll check tomorrw but thought I'd see if anyone might have any ideas.

things I've thought of

air leaks (carb inlets)

shagged plugs

Fuel starvation?

You could be right thinking about it, Im just thinking that I might have a problem with the diaphram on the tap. Should you be able activate this by sucking on it, I did this earlier but no fuel came out.

Quite common with these bikes is float bowl heights and persihed intake rubbers, what strikes me about your 4k limit is to check your linkages on your carbs and makes sure they are able to fully open as i have heard of this happening before.

If your not getting fuel that will definatly be a good starting point.But saying that it stutters.

remove the hose to the carb and see what happens when you switch on as it should spurt out as it primes the carbs.

Have you tried an auxillary fuel tank as this would quickly show if its a pump/tap/tank problem?

Good luck they are worth it and being watching yours with glee hope to revive my baby when i get back next step is some decent suspenders.

Fuel starvation?

===^=== This about a million times.

Had it just like that on my K5 GSX-R recently from a squished fuel hose under the tank. Run it with the tank propped up, bet you have trapped a breather or fuel delivery hose.

Archived