front sprocket stuck

uglymark

hi guys the front sprocket on my zx7r is well and trully stuck on , i cant get the nut undone tried most things long bar , impact wrench . any other ideas or tips on how to get it off would be a great help , thanks

lock the back wheel up and have a bloody log piece of metal tube put this on the extension bar and nuckel and it could come undone,they are a twat to undo,try hitting the bolt first to shock the thred.

im not taking the piss but are you undoing it the right way am i right in thinking they have a left hand thread . ? good fitting socket and hammer. shock it off.

They're a standard rh thread.

Get a good fitting socket, use a 2 foor beaker bar... get a mate to sit on the bike, in gear with back brake on and a gert lump of wood through the rear wheel.

Should come off...

Hi, have you taken it off before ? If not it could have thread lock on it, which if you heat it up will a blow/gas torch it should do the trick. I had same prob tried bloody everything took ages, then heated it up and it came straight off.

Ya never know its worth a try

allen

im not taking the piss but are you undoing it the right way am i right in thinking they have a left hand thread . ? good fitting socket and hammer. shock it off.

LOL its good info.

also try spraying the bitch in duck oil.

Could also try some heat on the nut

I had the same problem on mine, ended up with a bar through the back wheel and plenty of leverage!

It helps if you remove the footrest hanger bracket

hi guys and thanks for your help , i tried every thing you mentioned but still couldn't get it to budge, so i took it to a local guy who,s a motorcycle mechanic and works from home he heated it up and got the mother of all air guns out , it was more like a bloody machine gun and after two attemps it came of . so i can now get the bike in for its mot on monday , thanks again guys

Archived