Anyone do spoked wheel rebuilds?

rossm

Needeing to get a wheel rebuilt for a XL250, so it'll need a rim and new spoke and built up, everyone I've tried is coming up with 8 to 12 weeks turn around times.

Anyone know of anyone that would be able to get it done quicker/sooner?

I really thought I'd be dropping the wheel off on a Monday and picking it up later that same week, shows what I (don't) know

Hagon are only up in Hainault, I know that they're always busy, but if you offer to drop them in I'd expect a quicker turn around than that.

8 weeks for Hagon *sigh* looking like I'm not going to be riding the XL this side of summer, ah well such is life

I've not used these people (Central Wheel Components -> CWC) but picked up a card from them at the Excel Show.

Might be worth a call, if nothing else?

G

I've not used these people (Central Wheel Components -> CWC) but picked up a card from them at the Excel Show.

Might be worth a call, if nothing else?

G

Already called, same time scale

I've built plenty of mountain bike wheels, its easy to do as long as you take your time over it. Take lots of photographs so that you get the spokes crossed correctly. And remember to measure the offset of the rim to the hub before you chop the old spokes out. You can use blobs of blue tack to hold wire pointers onto the frame for truing it up.

Antig Engineering in gloucester rebuilt my mates ktm and rmx wheels, did a brilliant job, might be worth a shot. 01452 413043

I can give you a number to call but it's in the midlands. Normally he can get them done in a day so long as you have the new rim, spokes and nipples (fnarr) Might just be a PITA sorting postage...

I'm not at work until monday, and that's where my lil' black book is, but if you want the number PM me and I'll give work a ring and get it for you.

No worries, James is a top guy. Make's some of the best Grasstrack/Speedway Chassis, he's done loads of small engineering jobs for me in the past too.

Archived