zx10r swingarm on zx7r

uglymark

ive just fitted a zx10r 04 swingarm on my zx7r ive used the zx10r shock and linkages as well. its sitting a bit high now on the back . i want to know to lower it do you use longer or shorter dog bones .

iv just been ofered a 05 zx10 swing arm and linkage pluss the calliper and braket for £60,is this an easy fit?could get the front all the front end and the rear for £200,is this an easy fit aswell?

its real easy. i had to get 2 spacers made and you have to get the top mount hole on the shock drilled out to 12 mm from 10 mm and then in all bolts straight , I'm also using the zx10r wheel so no need to worry about fitment there , if you want the diagram for the spacer,s let me know

ive just fitted a zx10r 04 swingarm on my zx7r ive used the zx10r shock and linkages as well. its sitting a bit high now on the back . i want to know to lower it do you use longer or shorter dog bones .

I used the 7r dog bones when I did this conversion

iv just been ofered a 05 zx10 swing arm and linkage pluss the calliper and braket for £60,is this an easy fit?could get the front all the front end and the rear for £200,is this an easy fit aswell?

Thats cheap. If you pass it up I'll have them!

sorry chaps its not nicked but it will come of some one from the chopper club,and the deal is for me only,or he could loose his job.but ill find out the customer price if you want wont be that dear.

Good stuff, read about these conversions before my 7r was smacked up, also rsv stuff fits. one question on the front end tho, what do you do about the speedo drive?

Good stuff, read about these conversions before my 7r was smacked up, also rsv stuff fits. one question on the front end tho, what do you do about the speedo drive?

Errr, speedo drive!? What speedo drive!? :(

Basically, there isn't one so you lose the stock speedo. My final project for this bike (I keep telling myself it's finished, but it never it!) is to fit the digital clocks from the VTR SP1. I have them, and the loom but just need to splice into the standard loom, and fit a speedo pickup.

looking at those pics makes me wonder if i should sell the front and rear ends on the zx10r im stripping or should i get another zxr750 and do that to it. Imo there one of two the best looking 90's bikes that were ever built (the 1st being the 916 :) ) have you got ay pics with the body work on?

Just this one at the moment.....

More! More! More! ..... Please?

looking at those pics makes me wonder if i should sell the front and rear ends on the zx10r im stripping or should i get another zxr750 and do that to it. Imo there one of two the best looking 90's bikes that were ever built (the 1st being the 916 :D ) have you got ay pics with the body work on?

If I still had my ZXR750 I'd be on FleeBay right now looking for ZX10R bit's. Do it! Do it!

i took the zx7r out today 1st time I've rode it with the zx10r swing arm on it , I've got the ride height of shock about half way and using the standard zx10r dog bones and it rides sweet turns in real quick and it looks the dog dangles too

i took the zx7r out today 1st time I've rode it with the zx10r swing arm on it , I've got the ride height of shock about half way and using the standard zx10r dog bones and it rides sweet turns in real quick and it looks the dog dangles too

I just needed to take a bit of preload off then it felt great

its saved loads of weight , standard zx7r swingarm weighs 8.2 kg zx10r weighs 4.9 kg , the wheels are lighter too but i haven't weighed them to see how much by

Does the 10r arm give any weight saving obe the standard arm irks

it all purely cosmetic

Looks better is about 1in longer than a 7r and is lighter

The stock 7r wheels are made of some kind of super dense metal and weigh more than the sun. Newer kwak wheels are made of thickened air and are about 2% of the weight of the originals. Doing this full swap will save you literally about a third of your unsprung weight.

Archived