Honda cr250 running problems

fzr

Hello, I hope somone can help me. I have a 2001 honda cr250 that is having sight running issues. I recon it is fuel related and not the engine it self. The bike is fitted with a mukini tmx flat side carb.

The bike is not reving out propley you can pin it and the bike seems to bog down alot. The bike also smokes alot. So I have drained the petrol out of the bike and put fresh petrol and oil in at the right ratio and it still the same. What should i start on first. Do you think stripping the carb down and cleaning it up would fix this problem? Could it be jetted wrong to also cause these problems?. The bike starts easy enough with 2-3 kicks. The brand new spark plug is also very oily.

cheers

Andy

Hello, I hope somone can help me. I have a 2001 honda cr250 that is having sight running issues. I recon it is fuel related and not the engine it self. The bike is fitted with a mukini tmx flat side carb.

The bike is not reving out propley you can pin it and the bike seems to bog down alot. The bike also smokes alot. So I have drained the petrol out of the bike and put fresh petrol and oil in at the right ratio and it still the same. What should i start on first. Do you think stripping the carb down and cleaning it up would fix this problem? Could it be jetted wrong to also cause these problems?. The bike starts easy enough with 2-3 kicks. The brand new spark plug is also very oily.

cheers

Andy

dont worry problem solved, new petrol in the bike run it for a bit and it sorted it self out . i wish all mechnical jobs were that easy :tumbleweed:

Archived