Stainless front pipes (sandy bike spares)

YZ faybo

Hi all

Has any one used stainless front pipes from Sandybike spares?

The reason I ask is I am rebuilding a CBR6 for a friend and the stock pipes are held together by good luck alone and they fancy these and they look ok and make some claims about being developed from latest software etc.

Any feed back would be nice before he goes and spends some cash.

Cheers

Yes I've had several sets, Fazer 6, Bandit 12 etc and they've all been decent quality.

Top tip, clean them with brake cleaner before fitting and wear gloves so the pipes don't get discoloured by the oils on your hands when they get hot :)

I got some TDM pipes to fit to my TRX but they didn't (but I knew they wouldn't before I bought them, I just wanted to see if they could be bent to fit. They couldn't) They seemed good quality and they accepted them back for a full refund, no probs :pbheroub2:

The 'latest software' bit is probably just the CAD program used to bend them :icon_salut:

Got a set on the chunderflap.

I could tell you how easy they were to fit, but that's only because me, Rompy and Mitch stood round drinking beer and watching whilst supermoto/Col fitted them. :icon_salut::pbheroub2:

Reasonably priced too, I'd be interested in the claims they make but details seem a little sketchy on their website

Just a little word of warning. A mate of mine bought an FZR400 with a set of their downpipes already fitted and they run too close to the fairing lowers and have melted them quite badly. Whether this is due to the design of the pipes or the previous owners inability to fit them properly I'm not sure. They do seem to be pretty secure and all the mounts seem untampered with though.

Got a set from them for my ZRX last year, haveta say I was impressed. Well made and they did fit, though it was useful that they had made the hole in the bottom rear bracket that sits under the rear of the engine twice the std size, as it took up the variation and allowed the pipes to bolt straight up.

At their prices you'd do well to do better

reading abit on a vfr site they seemed to be abit of a 50/50 mix of being a good fit to needing abit of modifying to fit.

a few burnt fairing tales too...

+ a mention that there actually chinese imports.. (if this bothers you..)

how much more is a MOTAD..

Thanks guys

Appriciate the feed back :thumbsup: .

The fact there Chinese doesnt bother me whilst I lived in Asia worked with a company that opened up my eyes to how much is sub manufactured for a lot of the big "western" brands we all love.

I can imagine VFR stuff would be hard to get to fit right I have seen myself how they can be to manufacture especially on the RVF400's, fook all space lots of bends and diameter changes!

Archived