Motul Fuel System Clean

funkyphil

I'm going to give the GSXR a post winter mini-service in the next week or so. As well as the usual oil and filter (including the air one) change I've got a few other jobs to do. One of the main little irritations I've got is the fuelling seems to be a bit off. The bike is bog standard, so no end cans and PCs to be playing up.

I've read of a few possible culprits like the TPS (throttle position sensor) which I plan on having a look at but I also thought while I'm at it I could chuck some Motul Fuel System Clean in the tank as well to rule out any blocked injectors as its only just over a tenner.

FUELSYST_CLEAN_MOTO%20300.jpg

Anyone had any experience with this product?

Just make sure it's mixed properly, if you overmix it, it can/will eat out your injectors and make it smoke on startup and have even worse fuel delivery. maybe look at other areas like the exhaust valve etc. I think it's mainly designed to get rid of solidified fuel in bikes that have stood for a while no? :lol:

Never used the Motul one, but last week I used a can of the Putoline version.

I were getting a bit of a flat spot between 5 and 6000 revs. I hadn't been on the bike for a couple of months and put it down to old fuel. A fresh tank of unleaded didn't sort it but the following tank full and the can of Putoline had it running sweet.

I've used it a couple of times now and found it made a difference on my carbed and injected bikes.

Archived