rgv 250 or rs 250

ste996

I can tell you the differences between the Mk1 and Mk2 RS250's if you're got plenty time?

The quick and easy sumamry is -> The Mk2 is a better bike with:

> Better weight distribution (oil tank moved forward from under the seat to the side)

> Better suspension

> Better choice of rubber (with a wider rear rim)

> Larger tank capacity

> Larger fairing and (supposedly, better aerodynamics)

Weak points on the RS250 (Mk2) is the dash (which can fail if messed around with), split oil pipes and badly adjusted power-valves (but that goes for anything with the RGV's VJ22 motor in it!)

If you need bits for a RS250, then drop me a note... I've still got a small supply of OE/kit parts.

NB. You can fit Mk2 panels to a Mk1, if you get the front 'frame' (for mounting the clocks and headlight) and the rear sub-frame.

had a number of goth,in road state and tuned,the rs is a little bit easer to ride,but the rgv is the better of the two for the race feel,both very good bikes though,and with a little tuning go like stink,as for the rgv,the vj22 is a nice bike but the vj21 is the best in my opione,as its lighter and does flex a bit better than the vj22.very over rated rgv.look the nuts in the luckey strip coulers...

I have to agree that VJ21's are (still) very much under-rated for what they are and much over-looked, since the VJ22 (with it's RGV500/Schwantz shape) gets most of the attention (and commands silly prices at times)

VJ23's are lovely, but are off the chart price wise (and do they genuinely command that premium??)

Anything clean, straight and original is going to be a sound investment, 'fun' and have fewer worries (imho).

G

> Larger fairing and (supposedly, better aerodynamics)

This is true, I had a 99 MK2 and my mate had a 96 MK1 and in a drag race it was even untill the speed picked up then I would pull away.

Going just on the looks alone the mk2 rs is the fave then the vj22. Price wise the vj21 wins. Will have a look round. Thanks for the info lads it given me something to think about.

vj21 with vj22 rear wheel, barrels. ideally you want a full 22 motor but the vj21 can be as good. vj21 is a genuine gp throwback, more like a tz than the later vj22. a good bit lighter aswell. the vj22 just pretends at been a racer where the 21 pretends its a road bike (racer with lights). one of the best looking 250's imo, esp in blue/white. the kr1s has the best motor although handling is behind. takes a lot of effort to make a kr handle. brakes are ridiculously powerfull though when used with a radial m/c. same brakes as the zxr750 zzr 600/1100!!!ect. the kr is also waaayy more reliable than the rgv if looked after. the rgv powervalve design is a cunning way of getting customers to buy replacement barrels, cant be any other reason why they would make the design so poor!!! there are ways to make the p.v design 100% reliable costs a bit of coin though

I owned both (21 & 22), the 21 is definately more razor sharp and built for purpose, the 22 looks good and has the better engines esspecially the 'P' model onwards (same motor fitted to the RS).

I still own a 22, and it does look the bollocks, but you can see where the weight is in it compared to a 21.

In fact, once i've moved a couple of my other bikes on, i'm on the hunt for a 21 model, got to be the blue white 'K' model though.

As far as the RS is concerned, i like the pre 98 model of them all, but they do have a funny front fork set up, one has preload and the other rebound, they have just a good spares back up as the Suzuki bikes and a massive forum based in the States RS 250 parts

There isn't a lot between them all if i'm honest, the purity of the original first RGV's (K&L models) is the benchmark, the rest of the bikes that used the RGV engine were mainly styling excercises, but all good none the less.

Infact i would just buy the best one of any of the RGV engined bikes i could find, the experience is all the same and frantic.

<snip> a good spares back up as the Suzuki bikes and a massive forum based in the States RS 250 parts <snip>

I've got a small smattering of genuine Suzuki RGV250 (will fit RS250) 'VJ22' kit parts should you go lookin' for bits as well...

There's a 'kit' SAPC, heads, gaskets and sundries in the cupboard, that'll be getting listed very shortly, if I can't find them a new home...

;)

G

rgv 250 or rs 250

RS250 or RGV250?

That's like asking if you want broken legs or broken arms...neither is a good option, hope these help

nsr250-91.jpg

1241615255.jpg

I have gone down the RS route.. Was a bargain though and I want to build a modern looking 250GP replica too.. So had to be the RS really.

P3 RS250 Project

You really saying a TZR125R is better than an RGV or RS250 ? :icon_salut:

yep, it may only be a 125cc motor but it's at a half decent one, that boat anchor of a motor in the RGV/RS is a piece of shite of epic proportions.

(and well spotted, it's just an image I found by googling tzr250 3xv)

Archived