DJPC3 USB issues

originalracingsnake

I have just installed my DJPC3 on a GSX-R1000 K5, 2005 YM, and I am

seeing some strange behaviour.

At ignition on, the DJPC3 only stays powered up whilst the bike is

priming the fuel pump. As soon as the pump shuts off ready to start,

the lights on the DJPC go out.

They come back on when the bike is running, but I don't want to have

to run the bike each time I want to send/retrieve maps.

Any ideas? This seems to be affecting the unit in terms of my laptop

being able to see it via USB, as so far I am yet to be able to get the

Command Software to see the unit.

AS there is a click from the RHS rear of the bike near the under seat storage, I'm suspecting it is something to do with the Meta alarm that is fitted there. Could it be the alarm prevents the power getting to the DJPC until you start the bike up?

The only way around this is to either use their 9V battery connector and use a 9V battery to power the Powercommander, and not turn on the bike ignition. Or, change the wiring so that the Powercommander picks up the power from another source, such as a switched live. Personally, I wouldn't bother and just start the bike to load a map.

The only way around this is to either use their 9V battery connector and use a 9V battery to power the Powercommander, and not turn on the bike ignition. Or, change the wiring so that the Powercommander picks up the power from another source, such as a switched live. Personally, I wouldn't bother and just start the bike to load a map.

+1 on this. have had PC3s on 1000K5, 750K7 and on a mates ZX636 and all needed the engine running to connect. no big deal really for something you would only do occasionally at most?

+1 on this. have had PC3s on 1000K5, 750K7 and on a mates ZX636 and all needed the engine running to connect. no big deal really for something you would only do occasionally at most?

Thanks for the reassurance chaps! Great news that this is a "feature" and not a fault.

It is your map I'm loading Banoff! Coolio!

Thanks for the reassurance chaps! Great news that this is a "feature" and not a fault.

It is your map I'm loading Banoff! Coolio!

Map all loaded, thanks chaps! I'll run with the LOR map for now, then try your map Mr B. I noticed the USB cable needs a good hard shove to make it connect, another gotcha!

Cannot wait to try it out now. :eusa_dance::icon_salut:

Or, change the wiring so that the Powercommander picks up the power from another source, such as a switched live.

I'm wondering where it DOES get its voltage? From the injectors presumably?

Yep.....

Thanks MM, easy to hack the loom of the DJPC to pick up 12v from the switched live then?

Archived