Coolant disposal

Harvey Mushman

Drained my NC30's coolant earlier but how can I safely dispose of the coolant? I know my local recycling centre takes oil but don't remember seeing anything for coolant.

Next door neighbours garden is a safe bet.

yep, I'm interested in this, plus brake fluid too. The bloke at the tip just tells me to put it in with the oil each time, but surely, that's not right, is it?

I always chuck brake fluid into the waste oil drum.

Coolant is poisonous to wildlife isnt it? I normally leave it out on a saucer for the neighbours cats ;):huh:

You wont get rid of a decent quantity like that. You've got a funnel right? Dog's are trusting. Get the other neighbours dogs round, shove a funnel down their neck and fill them up. Something like a labrador should take a couple of litres. :huh::huh:

Mitch

yep, I'm interested in this, plus brake fluid too. The bloke at the tip just tells me to put it in with the oil each time, but surely, that's not right, is it?

Could well be, it'll go for fuel at power stations...not so sure about the coolant though.

Home: Gravel in garden (still live with mom & dad)*

Work: Waste Oil Drum (taken away by council)

*This may not be ethically right

Home: Gravel in garden (still live with mom & dad)*

*This may not be ethically right

Of course it's not ethically right, you're an adult and you should have your own place by now.

The bloke at the tip just tells me to put it in with the oil each time, but surely, that's not right, is it?

The last time I took brake fluid and coolant to the tip I asked (never did before) and they told me to put it beside the old tins of paint :thumbsup:

Not sure if that was the right thing to do either but that's their problem now....... oil went in the usual place though.

You wont get rid of a decent quantity like that. You've got a funnel right? Dog's are trusting. Get the other neighbours dogs round, shove a funnel down their neck and fill them up. Something like a labrador should take a couple of litres. :(:icon_salut:

Mitch

You are a bad, bad man.

And I just laughed out loud, so I am too.

Archived