gsxr 1000 k2 calipers

gixersteve

hi peeps

two questions

1. am i correct in saying that 4 pot gsxr 600/750 k1k2k3 calipers will fit straight on my gsxr1000

2 has any one tried hi max calipers are they any good

Hmm I think at that kinda money I'd be more tempted by the Nissin 6 pots, which are available new.

I think the front 'feel' is compromised by a design problem with those calipers, but yes I would swop the whole front system just to eliminate it all.

Didn't the guys fit SV1000 calipers to the K1 project. Won't they fit??

Pete

hi pete

yeah they did but getting hold of them is the hard thing. nissan 6 pots are they any good are they better than the six pots already fitted as standard

In my opinion the only big benefit you'll get from the nissins is that they're less prone to seizing. Seriously, hold on for the SV ones, they're much much cheaper than the new hi max ones or whatever, I bought some for about £60 a while back. Also, have a look to see what other bikes they come on. I'll put one of my shiney 20p peices on the idea that a late model bandit 12 has the same calipers too, also maybe the gsx1400? Just get the seller to measure the mounting holes before hand and if they're tokico 4 pots, they're the same. Remember, you'll probably want a master cylinder off a 4-pot braked bike too.

Steve,

I've an Svthou and one of the forums I'm on has a replacement parts list. I'll get back to you sharpish as I bet an early k1-k3 gsx600r has the same calipers and I bet they're much more readily available second hand.

Gis a minute!

pete

Parts list doesn't say.

Looking on Alpha Sports microfiche, the part numbers are close but not the same and the diagrams are very very close. A suzuki dealer might be able to confirm mate, but I can't. Sorry. As Lorenzo says, might be worth holding out for the SV type. I'd give DK a call and see if they've got any lying around.

Pete

the gsxr 600 k1-k3 is the same, i have some on a zxr400, i think the 750 fits too. Paid 60 quid for mine too.

The Ap racing master cylinder i'm selling at 125 is a bargain to finish it off

Archived