decat

j0hnny

right lads, im puttin a new set of cans & decat pipe on the bike (gixer thou k8) are there any exhaust sensors or wiring to be taken into consideration, or is it unbolt original and bolt on new cans, thought id ask before i see "fi" lights and googlin for codes etc, :D

right lads, im puttin a new set of cans & decat pipe on the bike (gixer thou k8) are there any exhaust sensors or wiring to be taken into consideration, or is it unbolt original and bolt on new cans, thought id ask before i see "fi" lights and googlin for codes etc, :D

My K5 was fine, does the K8 have a lambda sensor upstream of the collector?

If it's anything like the 750, there will be an electronically controlled flap/valve insde the exhaust just before the catalitic converter, and there'll also be a lambda sensor screwed into the pipe just after the cat.

Have you got a full system, or just end cans and a de-cat pipe? When i swapped my standard exhaust for a full system, I had to remove the cables for the exhaust valve, and fit a blanking plate to the servo motor to fool the bike into thinking the valve was still there. If you don't have the plate, there is another way around it, which is to unplug one of the wires going to the ECU, so that the bike doesn't register the missing exhaust valve.

If it's just cans and a de-cat pipe, it should just be a simple off eith the old 'uns and on with the new 'uns.

If you do need to disable the valve, the yoshimura website has really good instructions on which wire to remove from the ECU.

I de catted my K7 with a single can yoshimura exhaust

All you need to do is unscrew the lambda sensor and put it back in the de-cat pipe

The exhaust valve is in the down pipes where it goes 4 into 1 so stays working

You won't believe the weight of the cat :thumbsup:

thanks for the replies folks, not getting a full system, just cans and decat, so by the sounds of it i should manage it myself,

another question, what will the fueling be like without a power commander fitted, its on the "to do" list, but im strapped for cash after buying these pipes,

thanks for the replies folks, not getting a full system, just cans and decat, so by the sounds of it i should manage it myself,

another question, what will the fueling be like without a power commander fitted, its on the "to do" list, but im strapped for cash after buying these pipes,

Should be fine. Might be a little bit snachty when you transfer from closed throttle to open throttle, but othr than that, should be ok.

It might run lean and hot, not brilliant for the valves. If it were just the slip ons, it wouldn't be a problem, but no cat means a fairly big change in exhaust pressure. I'd get onto a Power Commander as soon as you can. Ask your local tuner his opinion.

Archived