Fork Anorak's

Mark/Foggy

Need to know my options for a right way up fork, maximum diameter 38mm in stanchions. Preload, compression and rebound ideally.

Little project coming up. Handbuilt tube, steel frame, 1000cc engine etc. May be taking on some serious players with it.

What do we know then.

Need to know my options for a right way up fork, maximum diameter 38mm in stanchions. Preload, compression and rebound ideally.

Little project coming up. Handbuilt tube, steel frame, 1000cc engine etc. May be taking on some serious players with it.

What do we know then.

http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17555

Take your pick ;)

edit- what about rwu MX forks? They should be reasonably adjustable :rolleyes:

You young lady are an absolute treasure :)

Was thinking FZR600 myself, any adjustment on these?

I have a set in my shed, and the answer to your question is no.

edit- although what about the import 400 forks?

edit- although what about the import 400 forks?

The early ones are 38mm but unadjustable and the later ones are too fat (41mm and 43mm for the 3EN2 and 3TJ respectively).

The early ones are 38mm but unadjustable and the later ones are too fat (41mm and 43mm for the 3EN2 and 3TJ respectively).

But, you ya little minx have struck exactly the right chord for my highly devious mind. Set of crossers it is. I can angle grinder off the existing brake mounts and with our friend TIG the Magic Glue Gun, we'll have 'proper set of unidentifiable forks'. Heh, Heh, Heh.

I even have a mate that works for Fox suspension. He'll be able to rig the length and disguise the fork caps. Nice set of Mr O's internals, nobody will ever know. He's recently converted a standard set of rebound only shocks to run Gas, should be right up his street this little project. :eusa_whistle:

Archived