Running problems.........

levo

I have bought a project fzr4003tj to make into a track tool......... :eusa_whistle:

All ok except a top fairing off a 3en2 not a 3tj............and brand new tyres :rolleyes:

I gave the thing a wash and inspected the tank ...Rusty..........Took it off and checked the fuel filter ...nice and clean

So I put the battery off the vfr on it and started it up...........

Well it would only run with the choke on full,so I whipped the air box and carbs off and gave them a clean ,took the jets out and blew them out, put them back on and it was a little better would still wouldn't rev up clean

Whipped carbs off again another clean and checked the diapragms(sp) wouldn't run on tick over but now would rev up on choke (I have adjusted the tick over up).......

Put new plugs in tonght (it had cr9e CMC recommended cr8e)..no better

So A bit of guidence please o ye forum peeps ........It's gotta be the carbs,right

Cleaning again(maybe something I've missed) or maybe need balencing........

Thanks guys ................

Air filter clean?

Fresh fuel?

Someone's not got their hand over the end of the exhaust while your looking at the bike with your good eye have they? :eusa_whistle:

Like I said last night, when you've actually got it running get the carbs balanced, that way you'll know it's done. Give them another good thorough clean first, like you said, you may have missed something, it only takes the tiniest bit of shit to make it not run properly dunnit...

I had a 3TJ a few years ago and it was a bugger to start and wouldn't hold anything but a fast idle. I sold it in the end and bought a single...

Are the carb rubbers (both sets) cracked at all, and is the airbox actually sealing to the carbs? It just sounds like it's running lean if it won't run without choke.

And the answer was .....

Clean all the carbs again and cleaned the needle jet housing(it connects to the floats?) then adjusted the MIXTURE screws to all the same settings

(They were from full in to where they were)

#1 carb 2 1/2 turns out

#2 carb 3 1/2 turns out

#3 carb 2 turns out

#4 carb 4 1/2 turns out

Set them all at 2 1/2 turns out ran a bit lumpy and then as if by magic ..............she purrs like a dream

Changed the oil and filter ,back brake pads fitted ............ :icon_salut:

Ran it in all gears on the paddy stand and it feels strong..........roll on anglesey

Clean all the carbs again and cleaned the needle jet housing(it connects to the floats?) then adjusted the MIXTURE screws to all the same settings

(They were from full in to where they were)

#1 carb 2 1/2 turns out

#2 carb 3 1/2 turns out

#3 carb 2 turns out

#4 carb 4 1/2 turns out

Set them all at 2 1/2 turns out ran a bit lumpy and then as if by magic ..............she purrs like a dream

Changed the oil and filter ,back brake pads fitted ............ :rolleyes:

Ran it in all gears on the paddy stand and it feels strong..........roll on anglesey

Forgot to mention dropping the sump bolt in your old wok oil drain pan haven't you....

Forgot to mention dropping the sump bolt in your old wok oil drain pan haven't you....

Eerrrrrrr.....no that don't happen...................no wait ,yes it did...............

Archived