Mintier than a Fox's Glacier mint

heds954

Today I went out to do my usual circuit (y'know to er, clear the cobwebs *coughs*) and toddled up to Devils Bridge (the Yarkshire one, not that Welsh one). As I pulled off the main road into the car park (bike only on Saturdays and Sundays!! ;)) I noticed a 2smoke with a Rothmans paint job at the entrance.

So having parked up I casually wander across to have a butchers. At first glance this bike looked like it'd been lovingly restored, clean as a very clean thing with new discs, new tyres and what looked to be a new rad. Hmm :icon_salut: I look up at the many folk wandering around and then look back at the bike, this kinda looks familiar, it looks a bit like Tanukis bike post restoration. Well, it's got a new rad, it's got white Magteks... Looks up again at the bikers, looks down to see if I can see a PB sticker on it anywhere... Nope. Looks back up to see if I can see Tanuki. Nope.

So I step back a bit to admire it some more, to hear a voice say "It's mine"

I turn round to see a familiar face, it was a bloke that I bought my first cbr6 steelie from nearly 15yrs ago!

Turns out he'd only just bought it last Thursday and it was out for its very first ride. It's come straight from Japan and has sat in a dealership for the last 10yrs having only done 3225km. It is totally standard and utterly perfect except for a couple of tiny rub marks that only the pickiest of nerds would turn their nose up.

Suffice to say it wasn't cheap, and no I'm not going to tell you how much he paid for it, but if I tell you that when he went to pick it up someone offered him a grand over what he'd just paid for it and that he'd already paid a substantial amount for it you'd have some idea of what it cost.

After a long about the bike and a catchup of what we'd both been up to over the last 15yrs I suggested that we go back to another regular haunt of mine for a proper brew, so me, him and his mate set off. The smell of two stroke oil and the sound of the NSR's dry clutch and exhausts filled the air as we took off and headed South. It was woefully slow on the straight stuff but came into its own on the tight twisty roads as he flung it into the many corners.

We arrived at Bull Beck for a brew and a further chat about our bikes and then some time later took our separate ways home.

It's been ages since I've had a two stroke but after that encounter I can easily see myself getting another.

Just don't tell the wife :ph34r:

P1020359.jpg

P1020361.jpg

P1020363.jpg

P1020360.jpg

P1020362.jpg

P1020364.jpg

Just keep in mind, it's not for sale, so don't ask!

It's an absolute gem of a bike :icon_blackeye:

heds , if its the bike im thinking of ,tony knows the guy and it came from fastline

theres also another mint rothmans 28SP that goes up devils ,a lass owns it

very very very nice looking bikes ,pitty they dont make much power

Fastline in Preston? They always have some nice kit. Bloody pricey though!

yup ,pricey but they do seem to sell them

was talking to one of the lads on the phone on friday told me they have just got in a pentex 21SP (they know i like me 21s) i bet thats sold by next week 5k with dog fight pipes

heds , if its the bike im thinking of ,tony knows the guy and it came from fastline

Small World innit! ;) and yes, it came from Fastline

forgot to mention...

I told the owner about the two smoke clan on here, so he might turn up at some time. I've a feeling that one of the new forum members is 'im.

I'm guessing about £6500. Tis lovely though. Fastline do do very nice Jap 2T exotica.

I bought one of my 3xv's from them. They even delivered it right to my door for me foc.

One day I will probably buy a 3xv sp from them. One day.

4 and half grand for an se 21 with dodgy paint :pokeit: starting to think i should have kept all mine now,the first pentax in the picture is the sp that i still have sipics175.jpg

Fastline in Preston? They always have some nice kit. Bloody pricey though!

They have some nice looking kit.

My old home made MC28sp(ish) turned up in there, sold by me for £3.4k, painted by someone and sold by them for £6.5k....funny, maybe best the new owner doesn't see this page eh?

That final pic is it at Fastline...LMAO.

Irony is it's probably sat in someones front room and I went to a bit of effort to get it to go allright on the stock card..mc21 flywheel, carbs, modded pipes it actually goes pretty well.

• 1 month later...
Was at Fastline this week and gave a few of the bikes a good going over, all looked good. I dont see the issue in what they have done with your bike, no one made anyone buy it.

I think I would have an issue if I had paid 6.5K for a supposedly genuine mc28sp Rothmans which turned out to be a bitsa.

Was at Fastline this week and gave a few of the bikes a good going over, all looked good. I dont see the issue in what they have done with your bike, no one made anyone buy it.

You didn't spot the RG500G fitted wth 400 pipes and cans then...? :eusa_think:

Archived