rsv fans not coming on!!!

addiction269

My mille fans didnt cut in and the temperature was 108 degrees while sat in traffic - any help???

They do get worryingly hot before the fans come on..... I wired up a switch to mine so I could turn them on/off myself. You can buy lower temperature thermal switches too.....

They do get worryingly hot before the fans come on..... I wired up a switch to mine so I could turn them on/off myself. You can buy lower temperature thermal switches too.....

It was reading 108, way too high i reckon! gotta check the system me thinks. Where can you get the switches? cheers

I would expect the fan to come on at 103! Need to get the fan switches off and get them immersed in something that heats up higher than 110, see if the switches do work. YOu could also try measuring the temp of the rad and water hoses with one of those infra-red temperature gun things, to make sure the temperature sensor isnt giving you a false reading

Yeah that what i thought, gotta get it sorted soon! Hot weather is here now lol

Temperature sensor failed most likely. Mine failed a couple of years ago. Noticed the temp guage reading 120 as I got into the tunnel train on the way to the Ring. Arse! Normally mine comes on at 95. Speedaway had the part in stock then and may well still now. Easy to change. Check your fuses obviously and you can bridge the contacts on the sensor to see if that will switch the fans on.

Mine comes on at 95 also. Everytime. When it's working!

ive checked the fans and they turn went you put a current through, so now ive gotta find the temp switch, its all a bit hard to find due to a modified airbox hiding everything!

Archived