I can get a Nitron rear shock

Dirtmonky

For my 02 Ninja 636.

Its the dogs doodahs appara, sure it will sort the back end out, replaceing my OE shock with 21k miles on it.

Having had the front end tweaked by 100% suspension a while ago its a much better handling bike. However...

What I am hoping is for improvements made with the rear end, but will the change make the forks feel fucking pants, necessitating a change there too. Because i cant afford that aswell.

They're built buy Nitron for your weight and preferred usage so if you can live without lots of adjustment, the Sport shock is £295 plus VAT. Thats amazing for a custom built shock and I can confirm as I recently got one that the quality is top notch.

I met a fella who I think has the track shock for my bike.

He is about my size but I will quiz him up on his vital stats to see if the shock is built way out of my weight range.

He is prepared to let me have the shock for less than half price, which is nice of him. He no longer has a zx so its just gathering dust. I guess if the shock is too stiff/soft then I can commission Nitron to set it up closer to my spec than his and still be£££ in over a new unit at nearly £500.

If your front end has already been tweaked once, then it shouldn't need tweaking again. I understand where you are coming from, but what you will probably find is that the whole bike feels better.

Archived