Fuel/Air mixture screws?

madmike

Something I've started to notice is I think my bike is running a bit... Rich. After owning it for a year now and messing with it non stop it finally starts great and runs great! So I really don't want to mess around unless I'm 100% sure.

Hearing a few bikes start... Like Josh's NC30 here

The choke keeps the idle quite high, I've heard a lot of bikes do this. My GF's dad's CBR600F Today for instance...

Now when I cold start mine the highest the idle will go is about 1200rpm and any more choke than that and it floods and just cuts out. Since it does start and idle and when its warm it runs fine anyway I'm sticking to the "If its not broke... Don't fix it!"

But is this because a screw or two is set too rich? :shock:

Having the idle high whilst on choke isn't paticularly a good thing. I spend my time keeping the revs down on the 9.

If there is no running issue, then I would leave it.

As for any adjustment screws, I would set to the workshop manual settings, then fine tweeking.

As for any adjustment screws, I would set to the workshop manual settings, then fine tweeking.

There set to the workshop settings at the moment, Tweaking them is a right pain though, might give it a go at some point in the near future* though

*When I can be arsed... :eusa_think:

My GF's dad's CBR600F Today for instance...

The later models do rev their tits off on the auto choke, enough to make you think there's somthing wrong, then it settles down nicely as it warms up a little.

My NC29 used to start with no choke though and ran puuurrfect :rolleyes: I just used to carry on regardless! If it aint broke, don't fix it!

When we get back from angelsey we'll spend a day playing with your carbs fella, infact, maybe even thursday 7th if you can get your bike to the garage?

Check basics like having the same amount of turns on each. One of mine had 8 turns vs 2..... Ran much better after that. Well till i cnuted it.

I set all the turns myself to standard manual settings. BUT... the exhaust is not original and I'm gonna pop a new air filter in on the next service.

Who knows eh...

Archived