CBR600FY 2000 Centre stand removal??

monty_zac

Fitting a new pipe today, teh standard one has a stop welded in for the centre stand to rest on which the aftermarket one doesnt.

So need to take the stand away, which doesnt bother me at all as I wouldnt use it anyway, but I just cant work out how it comes off?

Only stuff I can find on the web is pre-99 ones which have a split pin and a bolt at the other end. The fische doesnt show a stand for the 99-2001 model as I think it was euro spec only.

Any ideas?

I took the stand off my F1 a couple of weeks ago for the same reason, I think they're pretty much the same.

IIRC:

1 - With exhaust off lift stand all the way up to release tension on spring, remove spring.

2 - Use 10mm (I think) socket to undo and remove the top spring mount (that you've just taken the spring off). This is what holds the stand retaining bar in.

3 - Undo gear linkage --> output shaft pinch bolt and drop linkage down (to give clearance for step 4).

4 - Drift stand pivot/retaining bar out from RHS of bike.

5 - Re-attach gear linkage.

Simple as that! My stand was a bit rusty and seized, but came off a lot easier than I expected :pokeit:

Cheers Dave, that makes sense, I guess the pivot bar wont come out as its under loads of tension with the spring on there. Will give that a go.

I didn't word it very well, the spring mount actually bolts through the end of the bar to hold it in place. You'll see what I mean when you look at it.

The bike looks a lot tidier with the centre stand removed, but I would have liked to keep it if I could. There is something perversely satisfying (maybe it's just me!) about coming in from a session on track and popping it on the main stand ;)

Right sorted it.

It was as Dave said, once the spring is off you can see a 12mm bolt, once this was removed the stand just about fell off, sorted!!

New can on, happy monty :eusa_whistle:

101001.jpg

Right sorted it.

It was as Dave said, once the spring is off you can see a 12mm bolt, once this was removed the stand just about fell off, sorted!!

New can on, happy monty :thumbsup:

101001.jpg

The difference a quality can makes to a bike... Bet it sounds nice too. :)

Archived