XTZ850?!?!?!

Bickers

Probably the wrong forum as its not exactly performance, but if anyone has the answers PBforum has!

ORE_SuperTenere.jpg

I quite fancy doing a Dakar rep XTZ750 Super 10. I have heard that the TDM's lump fits in nice for a little power upgrade, and as a more refined replacement for the older 750 lump.

Has anyone done it or know anyone that has?

I am wondering whether its a straight swap or whether its going to involve fabrication etc.

Any info would be helpful as I am going to be shopping for one as soon as my steelie sells and there might be one with a iffy gearbox up for good money.

Cheers! :eusa_whistle:

Good lad. I think the Super Ten forums will have plenty of info on the swap, from memory I think the brakes on the Super might struggle a little bit with the extra ponies.

Well I was thinking maybe the forks might need swapping for something more substantial so brakes will go on the list too... The Super10 forums havent got the same enthusiasm to rip a bike apart and throw in bits of other bikes like you guys have!

I will have to wait till Ive ridden the beast to see what I think needs doing, the plan is to take it to Morrocco for some Atlas exploration when finished!!

I know its not a blackbird engine in a FZR4, but it would be my first engine swap.

I am up for some other ideas if anyone knows of another suitable power plant.

Also, would I have to register it a 'Q' plate if I put another power plant in my ageing trallie!?!?

I know that the TDM and TRX 850 engines are interchangeable (which I'm pretty sure is 'just' a larger 750) so they should* be a straight swap. If the bike's already registered there's no need to upset the apple cart, just tell the DVLA about the new engine number and increased capacity (which, if you get a Japanese TRX engine, won't be there as they didn't 'do' engine numbers then) You'll probs** need better brakes.

* might not be.

** definitely

edited to add- I'd love a Super Ten :)

I think it is the older TDM engine you would need or also the carbs and CDI from the later TDM/TRX engine if you use that. It has been done load before though so there is loads of info on teh TDM forum or the S10 forum.

I did a swap for a TDM engine for a TRX engine, this is touted as a staight swap but isnt. There are small differences like the sprocket cover and oil filler spout which need to be done also, minor but getting hold of those parts can be a pain.

Watching with interest. Big old Dakar style bikes FTW.

Was overtaken by a DR800 yesterday while stuck in traffic in the van (while the Ten' was in for service). I miss mine :lol:, but not quite enough to be bothered rebuilding it.

Fuck me, that's lovely ;)

Step away from the bike trader....!

That very picture a few years ago had me hunting out a cheap S10 to do the very same to.

Brought a TDM in the end and hated it with a passion.

xtz750.com has the answers your looking for........usefull place when I had my S10

I am now signed up to XTZ750.com... Informations is there now all i've gotta do is wade through the cr*p to find it.

Cheers lads.

Just got a rolling chassis and engine to start off with, once it starts rolling ill make sure I keep all posted.

Archived