Italian Strokers

StrokerBoy

Diff'rent Strokers is having a stand at the VJMC Show at Uttoxeter again, 3/4th July. Last year we did the homologation theme, this year - for reasons I can no longer remember - we're going back to our stroker roots but aiming for an all-Italian line-up.

Anyone got something off-the-wall they'd be willing to bring down for the weekend ? We've got one of those mental Gilera CX things lined up, a couple of RS250's and (fingers crossed) a V-Due too. Aprilia AF1 and Gilera GFR 125's hopefully sorted as well.

As long as it's Italian, 2-stroke and not too modern (it is a 'classic' bike show after all), we're interested. Cagiva Mito/Freccia/SuperCity ? Italjet Dragster 180 ? Benelli Jarno (nope, me neither) ? Proper old-skool Lambretta GP200 ? Eddie Lawson's old 500GP Cagiva ?

All offers and suggestions gratefully received. I'm a bit out of my depth on this one... :D

Diff'rent Strokers is having a stand at the VJMC Show at Uttoxeter again, 3/4th July. Last year we did the homologation theme, this year - for reasons I can no longer remember - we're going back to our stroker roots but aiming for an all-Italian line-up.

Anyone got something off-the-wall they'd be willing to bring down for the weekend ? We've got one of those mental Gilera CX things lined up, a couple of RS250's and (fingers crossed) a V-Due too. Aprilia AF1 and Gilera GFR 125's hopefully sorted as well.

As long as it's Italian, 2-stroke and not too modern (it is a 'classic' bike show after all), we're interested. Cagiva Mito/Freccia/SuperCity ? Italjet Dragster 180 ? Benelli Jarno (nope, me neither) ? Proper old-skool Lambretta GP200 ? Eddie Lawson's old 500GP Cagiva ?

All offers and suggestions gratefully received. I'm a bit out of my depth on this one... :D

Won't help this time around but I've got almost a complete Freccia minus frame. If I can get a good frame, the rest of the bits are in very good condition.

when you say bikes like cagiva mito's and af1's whats the age cut off point? i'm only asking because i know of a few people that have some mint condition bikes. not sure about the mitos but im sure theres an af1. would you do the newer rs125's or are they too modern?

one day when this project is finally finished you could display it utf-8BVW5uYW1lZC5qcGc-1.jpg

Well, I could help with a few (reasonable?) machines, if I can sort out a van/transport.

I have:

Italjet Dragster 180 (tuned)

Gilera 180SP (pretty much stock)

Vespa 150

Aprilia RS250

:D

Trouble is, I'm near Edinburgh... :)

NB. Struggling to link images, so you can seem them in BikePics (Link: Gobert23's Pics)

Replies already, thanks fella's. :eusa_whistle:

There are no rules about age or spec, not as far as we're concerned anyway. It's a 'classic bike' show so people go expecting to see older stuff but we sit at the newer end of that I suppose. Plenty of people turned their noses up last year at our "modern plastic crap" (RC30, OW01 etc) and scuttled off back to look at yet another 400-Four. Fuck 'em, we know what we'd rather be looking at.

Having said that, our own tastes are more 80's/90's stuff than a 2009 RS125 for example. We like stuff you hardly ever see, oddball stuff that has been forgotten about. Some clubs insist on 100% originality and mint condition too - we don't.

I'm not local to any of these shows either so I usually have to hire a van and stay over in a Travelodge or something. Plenty camp on site - there are various club rallies booked and bands playing on the Saturday night. Make a weekend out of it.

Having said that, our own tastes are more 80's/90's stuff than a 2009 RS125 for example. We like stuff you hardly ever see, oddball stuff that has been forgotten about. Some clubs insist on 100% originality and mint condition too - we don't.

will have to wait a few more years then till i can show my 2009 rs125 then.

I've got a 96 Rs 125 but it's far from good condition.

But i do have a Malaguti Phantom F-69 50cc, If you do abit reasearch, There rare as fook ;)

I've got a 96 Rs 125 but it's far from good condition.

But i do have a Malaguti Phantom F-69 50cc, If you do abit reasearch, There rare as fook ;)

a moped, why is this one rare is it a special?

a moped, why is this one rare is it a special?

Yeah a moped lol.

Some import company imported 500 Malaguti Phantom 50's into the Uk and slapped some special mods onto them. Including...

Malossi 72cc Big Bore Kit.

Piolini Forks.

Brembo Brakes (which btw are a fucking nightmare to get pads for :lol:)

Also has marchesini wheels.

Think of it like a aprilia rs 125 SP of the scooter world :P.

The F-12 Phantom isnt the most common scooters in the world never mind this F-69 Phantom.

oh right i see, well i know all about the sp so i can get what you mean with the rarity, when you say your rs is in a bad condition, how bad?

Fairings need painted, It had been in a slow lowside, so i bodged it all up, and it's all prepped for painting.

Other than that the bike is actually in Mint condition.

Full Arrow, 34mm carb aswell.

It's for sale atm though cause im wanting a CBR 400.

£800 mate and erm Pictures of what? Lol there's no bodywork on so not much to look at :/.

If your intrested i can give you a full low down on it as it has a few nice bits to go on it :icon_salut:

Obscure?

Italian?

Oil burning?

Allow me...

Laverda KZ

22-laverda-125-lz1-19833.jpg

Malanca OB One

malanca%20125%20ob%20one113.jpg

Gilera Bullit

bullit%2050.jpg

Gilera SP01

Gilera%20SP01%20125.jpg

I don't own any of these, but they're quite cool...

Archived