More M.O.T Madness

madmike

My trusty steed is due her M.O.T Tomorrow (CBR400RR), At 12pm, Just changed all the pads as they were abit...uhm... bare....

Ive checked the major things over, Need to swap my Fake cutch pazzo wannabe lever back to the original as it hits the clocks on full lock thus restricting the turning. The only other thing I was informed about is that if you carry a pillion you need a chain guard. Now... I don't have a chain guard :D But my local garage said that since I have those cool little fold away pillion pegs if I tuck them out the way I might well get away with it BUT.... I have a pillion seat so don't I need to have pegs showing? and because of that it might fail on not having a chain guard? :blink:

Anything else obvious like that I should be on the look out for tomorrow morning? Cheers! :o

My R1 hasn't had the pillion pegs fitted for years and it's not been an issue at MOT time.

I think you'd need a chain guard though.

My R1 hasn't had the pillion pegs fitted for years and it's not been an issue at MOT time.

I think you'd need a chain guard though.

Well I was told that the chain guard is something that might only be needed with pillion pegs... so hopefully with mine folded out of view... Fingers crossed... I've not been on the bike in over a week and I'm getting withdrawals! :D

i have also been told you dont need a chain guard if theres no pillion seat although tbh i think its really meant to apply to enduro bikes. if it were me id just take the seat off when they tested it and put it back on afterwards

if it were me id just take the seat off when they tested it and put it back on afterwards

I have been in an MoT centre when someone has done just that and then left the premises. When I asked the tester why he'd taken the pillion seat, that was the reason given. I don't know if he had to leave the premises as well, but I think it meant that, should the centre have some random VOSA spot check whilst testing the bike, there was most definitely no pillion accommodation to be had.

so should i leave the pillion pegs tucked away and remove the seat too? just leave a lovely hole on the back of my bike? :eusa_think:

Ridiculous, innit? But yes, that is what I have seen in the past - U-Lock and bungee net on display and no pillion seat pad to be seen.

I've just been doing some internet research and apparently

If there is a chain guard fitted it must be tight and secure. But its not a fail if there isn't one...

Apparently :eusa_think:

When my bike was MOT'd a couple of weeks ago, with pillion seat and pegs, the chain guard was mentioned.

The only thing mentioned was that I should really have one. It did not fail and was not an advisory!

Alex.

When my bike was MOT'd a couple of weeks ago, with pillion seat and pegs, the chain guard was mentioned.

The only thing mentioned was that I should really have one. It did not fail and was not an advisory!

Alex.

That's because it's in the Construction & Use regulations the Po-lice use to inspect your bike at the side of the road when they've stopped you for having fun*.

* This is tongue-in-cheek, obviously. There is no Fun being had anywhere on Britain's roads :D

well just finished prepping the last few things on the bike. She's pretty much ready... My first M.O.T ever basically, Didn't have my car long enough or my 125, then my Cagiva 500 got sold as soon as it started breaking down every month and I bought this CBR basically a year ago M.O.T'd at the dealer...

We shall see how it goes! :eusa_whistle::icon_bounce:

Well...

Passed! No advisories either! all good, didn't mention about the chain guard! :D :D

Since the sun is out... Im off out on the bike for lunch! :D

Archived