New M/C - brake light switch!?

Dom

OK chaps,

I've just fitted a Brembo RCS and HEL lines to my '05 ZX10 (what a difference!!!) and have a question about the switch. Do I need to cut the existing connector off the end of the old brake light cable and then attach the wires from the Brembo switch? What sort of adapters should I use? Should I cut it at the M/C end or lower down the wiring loom? I have some of the 'bullet' type electrical connectors kicking around, would they be okay? Or is the area a little exposed for that type of connection?

Lots of questions!

I,ve got the same set up on mine and what i did was left the original wiring block in place cut the brembo switch down crimped on some male plugs which had to be ground down to size i could,nt find any small enough anywhere,this worked ok for a while then it came off so now i,ve soldered them on. I didnt fancy cutting the original wiring & thought it would be easier to put back to standard if i sell it. HTH

I,ve got the same set up on mine and what i did was left the original wiring block in place cut the brembo switch down crimped on some male plugs which had to be ground down to size i could,nt find any small enough anywhere,this worked ok for a while then it came off so now i,ve soldered them on. I didnt fancy cutting the original wiring & thought it would be easier to put back to standard if i sell it. HTH

I like this idea! I have some spade connectors and with some sort of trimming/grinding I reckon they'll fit into the existing connector. I may have to buy a dremel to achieve this though - shame!

Archived