srad air box mod?

speedy sie

thinking about this for a bit,read closley

were the air fillter sits on the bottom of the box, is the padle flap(750 inj),cut the padle flap out and do away with,and then open the hole up to just fit the air filter on,to get more air flow to the filter.

wot do you think?

very good i ment to do this last year,but never got round to it,have afew air box's,so may do one like this,and another as a fully open box,with no divider section,much like the kit box,and run NO air filter,may be a problem,but ill try to find a biger fillter to fit in,may be a panel filter.

but i think re fitting the oil breather a bad idea,ill put this to a seperate colector bottle.

ive done the fully open airbox on my 750 carb model, i seperated the 2 halfs of the airbox and used mesh to keep the most of the bad stuff out so it looks like a kit race airbox. i just plastic weld and fibre glass them back together, it gave me a good top end improvment once i sorted out the pilot air jets. just have to check the airbox more ofton and clean if Necessary.

i used mesh like this

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/...tegoryId_165625

will more than likley do this as well,have you ever seen an injection upgread,iv never seen eny my self

but would later,im sure its either 8 or 10 injecter heads of the k4/5 fit the srad?

Got an airbox with this already partially done if you want it... Was on the trackbike, dyno guy told me to get a standard one as it's easier to set up. It's for a 96 carbed 750...

iv got about three inj air boxes,but thanks for the offer.

another mod is to change the inlet rubber stacks,4 small for more rev up to top speed,4 large for bottom down grunt,does work as it tryed it last year.

Archived