oh dear, need to know what zx6 wheels i sold

hipringle

in november last year I sold a set of wets on wheels to a chap, I bought them in good faith of someone & never used themon my zx636 b1h, neither did the new owner till last week & he found they wont fit his zx636 b1h model which I thought they were for, even the discs are bigger, does anyone know which zx6 used bigger discs than the b1h model?, any help would be super. pic below of the wheels I sold

[img=http://i561.photobucket.com/albums/ss53/tickybrindy/zx636012.jpg]

in november last year I sold a set of wets on wheels to a chap, I bought them in good faith of someone & never used themon my zx636 b1h, neither did the new owner till last week & he found they wont fit his zx636 b1h model which I thought they were for, even the discs are bigger, does anyone know which zx6 used bigger discs than the b1h model?, any help would be super. pic below of the wheels I sold

[img=http://i561.photobucket.com/albums/ss53/tickybrindy/zx636012.jpg]

Not 100% sure but I think the C1 had bigger disks.

When I had my z1000 if you put a B1H front end on you had to put a spacer between the calipers and legs but on the C1 forks (which I fitted) you didn't.

Hope this helps.

BTW you can make the wheels fit - add some spacers between the forks legs and the caliper mounts - I just so happen to have a set which you can have. PM me and we can sort your guy out!

OK don't panic - all is not lost.

Those are ZX6r J or 636 A1p wheels.

They will fit a B1/2 model but you need to know a few things:

The rear is a simple swap - they are interchangeable

The front is another story.

You will need the following - a pair of J/A1p front spacers

A 10mm caliper spacer kit (spacers and longer bolts) Brembo do a kit for about £45

The spindle is interchangeable so OK there

You must use the spacers that match the wheels - B spacers B wheels - J spacers J wheels and Caliper spacers and bolts

Finally the J discs you have there are larger diameter than the B discs but also narrower so the pads need easing back when refitting the B wheels and discs.

Hope this helps

BTW I've been running J wheels in my track bike for years now - they are slightly heavier but not so I'd notice....

Taq

Archived