Yet another bearing question

V6Jon

I am looking to buy a complete set of bearings for the back end of my SRAD as they have all been packed with rusty water, and feel very smooth :rock:

I was hoping to get the whole lot from one place, for as little cash as possible, although oviously want decent parts.

Have had a look on the net, and can see lots of 'wheel' bearings for sale, but the bearings for the suspension linkages seem a little thin on the ground, can anyone recomend somewhere, or should I just go to the dealer ??

Cheers

I use a company called somerset bearings mainly because they are just down the road from me. do you have all the bearings present? if yes take them all out and post one of each to them and they will identify them for you and sort you out with a price. once she has the bearings she is very fast to get back to you and always answers the phone, even when she had a bird of prey on her arm (don't ask, i didn't)

Somerset Bearings

01823 698293 / 07765 373636

helen@somersetbearings.co.uk

The Wagon House, Middlezoy, Bridgwater, Somerset,TA7 0PD.

Yep simply bearings, or in the past, I've used the simply bearings size finder thingy and then had a mooch on ebay. Just make sure you get ones with decent tolerance (c3 I think is stock tolerance on wheel bearings) and you'll save yourself a small fortune on buying them from a dealer etc.

Whilst having a mooch on the compute rlast night I spotted the wemoto sight, and they do bearing sets at about half the price of those from the stealer.

Anyone know what the quality of parts is like from these guys ?

Whilst having a mooch on the compute rlast night I spotted the wemoto sight, and they do bearing sets at about half the price of those from the stealer.

Anyone know what the quality of parts is like from these guys ?

I've not had any problems with wemoto at all, good service too :icon_salut:

I've not had any problems with wemoto at all, good service too :icon_blackeye:

Me too. I've had most stuff the next day when I've ordered from them :eusa_whistle:

Archived