Help please.

bikemike

I bought this wheel thinking it was from a zxr400.

However I have found that a Zxr400 spindle is too thick; or, to put it another way, the internal diameter of the wheel bearings is too narrow.

Question is- can I just fit different wheel bearings, or have I buggered up and bought something completely incompatible?

I'm hoping to fit it in a pair of Zxr400L forks that I am fitting to my Kr-1s.

025.jpg

022.jpg

Any help gratefully received,

Mike

You might be better showing pics of the wheel as a whole and also of the hub of it to see if there's any distinguishing markings, apertures or bolt holes etc

...and I've just noticed the prominent 'Kawasaki' logo that I somehow missed last night :huh::dribble::eusa_think::blink:

You might be better showing pics of the wheel as a whole and also of the hub of it to see if there's any distinguishing markings, apertures or bolt holes etc

Voila!

026.jpg

023.jpg

027.jpg

Going off the theory that spindles over the years have got fatter (and hollow) I thought around the 94/95 mark would be a good starting point.

So having a look on RonAyers fiches my first find was a 94 zx7 wheel, whaddya reckon?

edit: to add

If you look at ZXR wheels (400 or 750) the wheel spokes have flattened sides whereas the ZX7 wheel above is oval like the one you have

I,m going to have guess at something like a ZX400 of late eighties 88 -89 with it being a 3.00 inch rim it probably had a tyre size of 110/70 x 17. do i win a prize? :lol:

I,m going to have guess at something like a ZX400 of late eighties 88 -89 with it being a 3.00 inch rim it probably had a tyre size of 110/70 x 17. do i win a prize? :lol:

Hmm, good call

Its definately not zxr400 anyway, similar but the shape of the spokes are wrong.

Would you like the code from a zxr wheel? I have one in my livingroom.

I,m going to have guess at something like a ZX400 of late eighties 88 -89 with it being a 3.00 inch rim it probably had a tyre size of 110/70 x 17. do i win a prize? ;)

I'm reliably informed that it is from a Kawasaki ZX-4 (ZX400-G) so well done. As for a prize- surely the glory of being right is enough :icon_blackeye:

Next question- does anyone want a ZX4 front wheel, vgc , bought in error :eusa_whistle:

Anyone want to sell me a Zxr400L front wheel.........

Mike

Archived