Servicing a CBR125

monty_zac

My sister in law has asked me to service my nephews bike, now, to you what does this involve?

Its a 07 CBR125 so everything is going to simple, service kits on egay seem just to have oil, plug and air filter, would that be all you would do? (other than checking it all over) Doubt it has any more than 7-8k miles on it.

Not a big fan of working on other peoples bikes TBH.

Every time I look at it I want to put a pipe on it and tune the motor..... :tumbleweed:

Check when the valve clearanced need doing too.

Or, ignore it all and wait for it to blow. Then you can put a 160 or bigger kit in it...

Chain & sprockets on these are shite, and if he's a young lad, he probably hasn't looked after it...

Another tip would be to do all of what Alpinestarhero says, but also get the kid to muck in too. It's his bike and he'll learn a hell of a lot more getting stuck in than paying someone else to do it...

At 7-8K I doubt the valve clearances will need doing, but worth checking none the less, depending on the state of the bike...

Measure the size of the front of the carb, and get a cheapo pod filter for it. It'll cost about £15 and it mioght, just maybe make it a bit quicker and will certainly sound better than a poxy airbox. Other than that, normal stuff, and get him involved.

Fuck that, I dont want him in my way. He will starting hitting things with hammers.

They arent a techincally minded family, only breeding will change this.

Bit of pain this now, I wont have the bike till late sat on the Easter week, means if it needs brake pads etc I cant get them till the Tuesday and he will be gone back by then.

Going to just buy everything and fit it anyway, his parents will feel better that way and less hassle for me.

Exactly. Try looking in a Haynes or a manual to see what needs doing at that mileage and do it regardless.

Also, a CBR600 front end an RS125 wheel swingarm at the rear might help :thumbsup:

Owning a vehicle is like having a pet in some ways

Spot on. My lecturer let me put the 9 inside last week. It repaid the compliment by leaving a pool of oil (thankfully just scottoiler) on the floor.

I thought it had wet itself.

Archived