fzr1000 exup factory pro shift kit

ringdingtim

Has anyone fitted one?Iv`e just got it through and the fitting instructions say i should drop the oil pan and remove the oil pump.Its only a new detent arm and a h/d spring and i thought that once the clutch gubbins was off i could access it ?

Try it , it may be a precaution for when you drop the spring in the sump anyway ( 99.9% chance )

I managed to do it,and i didnt even drop the spring or anything else in the sump! :icon_salut:

Iv`e not put the clutch back in yet,i will let you know after a test ride.Hopefully get out before tuesday if the monsoon season finishes any time soon!

• 2 weeks later...
Iv`e not put the clutch back in yet,i will let you know after a test ride.Hopefully get out before tuesday if the monsoon season finishes any time soon!

Finally i actually got to ride the bike and the kit seems to do what it says.The change is a little stiffer but not uncomfortable on the toes and it definately shifts quicker.I also fitted h/d springs to cure the slip i had on a recent dyno run (bike is tuned)and they did the job too!!BE WARNED if you buy the kit from factory pro in the usa the price does NOT include import duty and you will not get the parts until you pay the duty and some more cash for parcelfarce to tell you about it when it arrives in the uk.

Good stuff, because I've already ordered it.

Thats a bummer ,sorry to hear that.Hope you get on with the kit,what are you putting it on ?

Thats a bummer ,sorry to hear that.Hope you get on with the kit,what are you putting it on ?

A ZX9R C model. I'm hoping to make the shifts a smidge more positive -I occasionaly hit a false neutral downshifting, and it seems a common thing.

It's part of a larger order so the charges will be spread out (other bits not for me though).

Archived