Chain wax

banoffee

I used to love (no not like that you perve) Castrol chain wax but they've stopped making it. Dried to, well a wax, not much fling and didn't go all sticky/shitty quickly. The stuff that's replaced it (racing chain lube) is shit.

Any recommendations for a similar product?

I've avoided waxes after having to replace the chain on the Falco despite regular use and lubing with wax. There were three tight spots that just didn't clean out. Maybe I should have cleaned the chain more often, I dunno, but it was enough to put me off.

Best product I've used was Rock Oil chain lube, a spray oil that's incredibly sticky (almost as bad as air filter oil). Still flung a bit more than a wax but nothing that couldn't be cleaned off with WD40 and a rag, plus it seemed to last longer between applications.

I use Profi - it's a silicon spray so there's no oil to hold dirt and it doesn't fling.

However ... it's not to good in the rain (written on the tin) so you need to reply it after you ride in the wet.

Dry Lube

My mates bike shop stopped selling the wax after finding it didn't get in between the rubber seals properly and didn't reduce chain wear anywhere near as well as a wet lube. He didn't say it like that, he actually said, "That f00k1ng wax stuff is total shite" - two of his suppliers have stopped marketing it and a couple of manufacturers have stopped making it, including a big German manufacturer.

Archived