Programming a HISS replacement key for your Honda.

Bernster

I've removed all of the panels from my CBR1000RR to fabricate a radiator guard and thought while they were removed I'd have a go at programming an additional replacement blank key I’ve bought.

It mentions the crank position sensor, which accoriding to this diagram is the right hand side sat on the bike, but doesn't really detail the block of connectors.

4452302718_b03bf0818f.jpg

The details below suggest removing the right hand side bodywork, but doesn't detail if that's in relation to being sat on the bike or while standing in front of it. Either way there are blocks of connectors both sides, but none blue and white, (blue and silver) and likewise none yellow, (but yellow white and yellow silver).

Any idea where the block this mentions is located?

How to program a new key for the HISS.

4452283610_4261c6c37c_o.jpg

I've removed all of the panels from my CBR1000RR to fabricate a radiator guard and thought while they were removed I'd have a go at programming an additional replacement blank key I’ve bought.

It mentions the crank position sensor, which accoriding to this diagram is the right hand side sat on the bike, but doesn't really detail the block of connectors.

4452302718_b03bf0818f.jpg

The details below suggest removing the right hand side bodywork, but doesn't detail if that's in relation to being sat on the bike or while standing in front of it. Either way there are blocks of connectors both sides, but none blue and white, (blue and silver) and likewise none yellow, (but yellow white and yellow silver).

Any idea where the block this mentions is located?

How to program a new key for the HISS.

4452283610_4261c6c37c_o.jpg

I'll have an answer for you in the morning mate...

Tom

If you've got a CBR1000RR (4-7) - could you possibly upload a photo of the block connectors on the left hand side, (when sat on the bike) in this photo?

4451569541_b3d0bc60bf.jpg

Much appreciated.

I'll have an answer for you in the morning mate...

Tom

Cheers, your a star. I don't suppose you could do me a big favour and possibly get a photo of the block of connectors on the other side as per the update above? :eusa_whistle:

If you still struggle , give me a call on tuesday to remind me , i think i've got the special lead and i may have access to a proper workshop manual ( made of paper and stuff ) and i'll pop round and give you a hand

If you still struggle , give me a call on tuesday to remind me , i think i've got the special lead and i may have access to a proper workshop manual ( made of paper and stuff ) and i'll pop round and give you a hand

You total star, I knew you'd know or have access to some gear :eusa_whistle:

Yep I think you'll need the special lead... I believe the block connector on the lead is red if my memory serves me right...

Yep I think you'll need the special lead... I believe the block connector on the lead is red if my memory serves me right...

the lead fits nearly all of the hiss bikes except ( i think ) the cbr1000rr , which needs another adaptor , i'll have to check

I've got a bunch of resistors, (I ordered one and a book of 100 turned up) - and also have the mini crocodile clips that clip on the the backs of the block connector wires which I've tried and they fit so I'm good to go, just need to figure out which two wires it is.

Update: Cibbersicks your right, it does indeed look like the red wire.

4453726047_951a306d01.jpg

Archived