Why o why cant I do this

rureadyboots

I can and have done that on more than one occasion, problem is that it is usually followed by, Brown pants, Sky, Earth ,Sky, Earth ,Crunch, Ouch, Ambulance.

At he risk of being a bit "Meh" about this video, PB's very own Kev Smith would be able to teach that fella a thing or two about sliding a bike. I'm seeing Kev on Thursday, so I'm gonna se how he feels about me videoing it to put up here. He may be reluctant due to the slightly questionable nature of powersliding an ER-6 on it's lock stops on the public road.

Kevs gift is he doesn't need 150+ bhp to do it, I have genuinly seen him powerslide an ER-6 !! and he can do it for longer and more pronounced than the fella on the video.

Now if I could time a trip to Brunters at the same time as him .......

PB need to make more of Smithy. There should be a gallery in each month's mag celebrating his skills, and more videos here.

PB need to make more of Smithy. There should be a gallery in each month's mag celebrating his skills, and more videos here.

I could not agree more. The problem with videos is that in a matter of seconds (if it's something interesting/cool) it will travel right around the world and someone will see Kev doing his thing and take exception to it. Of course it could be done at brunters/track day but that's not got the same impact as a 200ft darkie being put down on the slip road to the A1 into a wheelie.

Kev's suppliers could/should make more of him too (Arai/RST/Alpinstars etc.). He has a rare gift and after riding with him, I've not only learned a massive amount myself from him but after nearly 5 years it still amazes me when he starts doing his stuff. You wouldn't believe it, but he is incredibly shy and talking with people doesn't come naturally to him so the thought of him going to someone like Arai and saying "Look at me and what I can do, you should be getting me to do some PR stuff for you for a daily rate of £xxxx" just fills him with so much fear he'd rather stay at home.

Ironic, that he doesn't understand what the fuss is all about and why I find it so hard to even attempt a powerslide, yet I don't understand why he finds it so hard to pick the phone up and sell his skills to the trade ! As my old man would say "Everyone is good at something".

Ironic, that he doesn't understand what the fuss is all about and why I find it so hard to even attempt a powerslide, yet I don't understand why he finds it so hard to pick the phone up and sell his skills to the trade ! As my old man would say "Everyone is good at something".

too true

have you offered to be his manager? I'm not sure how you get 10% of a free lid though... :)

too true

have you offered to be his manager? I'm not sure how you get 10% of a free lid though... :icon_blackeye:

Not his manager, but I have helped him out and do help him out as a mate as and when I see an opportunity to put some business/work his way.

What would make a truely excellent artical would be Kev teaching an avid reader of pb to power slide. Called rureadyboots. :P

That would actually be a good article! Even if you they didn't manage to get any decent shots of you doing full-lock powerslides the highside pictures would be awesome.. :eusa_whistle:

Archived