Standard Sprocket Size

Hendo

As per title really, does anyone know the standard front and rear sprocket size for a ZXR600 J1/2 2001?

Google isnt bringing up any definate answers.

Has anyone down-geared theirs, and if so by how much?

TIA

Andy

Andy, I went down 1 on the front and up two on the rear. Rear is 40 tooth standard front is 16 IIRC. If in doubt phone B&C and ask them.

Cheers buster.

Im assuming on standard gearing it'll pull around 155-160mph?

I want to down gear it to around as I'm going to be using it for a European tour this year, make it a bit more usable.

Any idea of what it does with that gearing buster? I dont want it screaming at a ton.

Cheers

Andy

If you do it best bet is to get a speedo healer. I think top whack (theoretically) is about 168mph, with the gearing changes and speedo healer, not selecting factory error (5.5%) it works out at -10.7% error, therefore, it's now geared for a true 150mph with no speedo error.

As for the changes, it peps the bike up, still not a wheelie monster but flies that little bit harder, it's not a buzzy machine anyway and the changes make it no less comfortable. No, it doesn't scream at the ton.

I've found it a mod well worth doing, real road riding 168mph is not really attainable, think the most I saw on the TT course was 145mph (before changes) which is about 137mph true speed. Not been back yet, but I would imagine that the extra drive and easier to access it would see that figure improve.

Archived