2004 rsvr factory

Yoshi

anyone know about the following.

A mate of mine has had battery issues, when things were fine, i presume, the tacho upon startup swept all around the dial.

He recently replaced the battery with a new one, upon startup, the dial only sweeps up to around 5000 rpm

if you need more info to help, just reply

thanks

The tacho needle swings to where the redline is set. From new the redline is set around 6K for running in proceedure. There is a way to increase or decrease the redline by pressing a combination of buttons and the + and - buttons (but i can't remember :P )

Set it at 11K or whatever and the needle will sweep that far on turning the key :blush:

The tacho needle swings to where the redline is set. From new the redline is set around 6K for running in proceedure. There is a way to increase or decrease the redline by pressing a combination of buttons and the + and - buttons (but i can't remember :rolleyes: )

Set it at 11K or whatever and the needle will sweep that far on turning the key :blush:

+1 yep thats it.

turn ignition on, wait for the sweep to finish

press and hold "trip"

once the needle reaches the current setting, press "+" to raise the redline indicator

once happy leave for 3 seconds and it should be stored :blush:

now you've had the bike on without the engine running for a minute, go and charge the battery :rolleyes:

Archived