Source me some affordable brake disc bolts

scwirral

Domed Allen Key Head M6 thread (1.00 pitch) x17mm length

I've ordered some of the new old stock EBC discs (thanks for the find, Heds), and a VFR800 17 inch wheel to do the conversion (thanks RussBlade)

I'm hoping to pick up a cheap rear wheel so that I can have two serviceable sets of wheels I can use.

Anyhoo, I want to know where I can get disc bolts for sensible money. The Dave Silver parts are genuine Honda (ie made of chewing gum). Any better suggestions?

I've ordered some of the new old stock EBC discs (thanks for the find, Heds)

No probs :D

I went through the same thoughts myself, £20 for a dozen bolts doesn't half make you wince, but then it is for a safety critical part of your bike? :eusa_think:

But then, I found that the previous owner of the wheels I'd bought had kindly left the old bolts in, so with a good inspection and having chipped off carefully the old thread lock and reapplied new thread lock, I used them again :mad:

.....I found that the previous owner of the wheels I'd bought had kindly left the old bolts in, so with a good inspection and having chipped off carefully the old thread lock and reapplied new thread lock, I used them again :icon_salut:

Makes up for all the piss takes about your disc being the last to land, chief!

BTW, don't know if it is a bad thing to do, but I've previously taken old thread lock off with a quick waft of a hot air gun. Not serious heat that could affect the temper, just enough to encourage a bit of distorting of the plastic(?) adhesive itself.

Archived