Michelin pilt power 2ct or brigestone bt16 ? for 06 blade

kev.b

I've had Pilot Power 2CT for a year or so and they are awesome. Never tried the 016 but the Michelins are excellent. I swore by Diablo Corsa III until I got these, now I wouldn't put anything else on my bike.

Andy

They are both good. I have BT016's on my marchesini wheels they have a slight edge in Summer. I have had several sets of 2ct's and they are a bit better at current temps, in the wet and nearly as good in summer.

I can get BT016's for a lot less than 2ct's though. Otherwise I would have stayed with 2ct's.

You can run a 190/55 on back of blade, I do with Supercorsas for track. I have to take off or space the rear mudguard though. Mine is a Harris carbon one, not sure if the standard one would give enough clearance.

I had both on my RR6 and preferred the BT-016s, although the PP2CTs were on when I got it so could have been a bit worn. I followed Glen Richards around the hairpin at Knockers knee-down in the pissing rain* on an RR8 with BT-016s so they're plenty good enough when the weather turns.

* Him, not me.**

** Yes, when I say "followed" I mean "was lapped by".

Have a look at the new Dunlop SportSmarts.

I just got back form the launch and they were far grippier and positive in the dry than the Mich Power Pure and B'Stone 016's. Dunlop did fit the Mich's and B'stones to identical GSXR1000's .

Also, on the 1.2Km wet test track, the Dunlops were loads (and I mean loads) better/faster than the other two tyres according to the 2D datalogger.

Full write up in the next issue of PB

Well worth a look (the tyres and the issue)

What kinda market are the sportsmarts aimed at? Are they a full on track tyre, or more a sort of diablo corsa sorta thing, aimed at road use with a handful of trackdays thrown in?

I was running BT016's on my Thundercar and they were F**King superb... Each to their own though mate. Anyone know a good way to remove wheel/head bearing without buying one of these ?

Anyone know a good way to remove wheel/head bearing without buying one of these ?

Worthy of a new thread, but still. A decent set of drifts/punches and a hammer will remove them easily enough, a bit of heat if needs be perhaps. Then to get them back in, get a big socket that's sitting one the outside of the bearing, then dink it in. I you put the bearing in the freezer overnight then that'll help. You can also use the old bearing to knock it in, but you'll want something else for the final bit, otherwise you'll have 2 bearings in there...

What kinda market are the sportsmarts aimed at? Are they a full on track tyre, or more a sort of diablo corsa sorta thing, aimed at road use with a handful of trackdays thrown in?

Dunlop had identical GSXR1000's fitted with BT016's and the new Mich Power Pure (R1's for the wet track), so that probably gives you an idea of where they're aiming it at.

At the risk of sounding like I've got launch fever, they are pitching the SportSmart at people that want to do trackdays, fast road riding (wet and dry) and a bit of distance. The scary thing is, I think they might have done it.

If I was in the waiting area to go out in the fast group at a track day with a set of SportSmarts fitted, I wouldn't be in the slighted bit concerned that I didn't have enough grip beneath me.

they are pitching the SportSmart at people that want to do trackdays, fast road riding (wet and dry) and a bit of distance. The scary thing is, I think they might have done it.

Sounds about my kind of tyre. Ta.

Archived