CBR1000RR exhaust shield removal?

Bernster

At this rate it will be easier to gaffa tape the tail end on, it's been on and off enough times since I picked the bike up over Christmas.

Now I've fitted the exhaust and spent an age carefully trimming those plastic fin's away so that the wires are still sealed in, I've just realised how ugly that haooOOooge metal heat shield is.

I was thinking about cutting it back so that it's only visible if you shove your head underneath, but before I do just wondered if it could possibly melt any of the plastic / rear light assembly etc?

4422487039_2920540f9c_b.jpg

On either the 6 or blade Scorpion advise cutting holes in the shield anyway...I'd put some of that heat reflective stuff on if it were mine though.

Wack a load of heat reflective tape on the undertray, it'll be reet... not running the heatshield on either 600rr and they're both fine...

Mine's been cut back on my cbr6rr7 so that it still does its job but doesn't look fugly...

akraab8.jpg

Dremel is your friend, leave the shield on your bike, get a felt tip and scribe around the tailpiece and then use a coin to mark the smaller curves, then take it off and attack it with Mr Dremel. ;)

This is what it looked like before hand

img1430wt3.jpg

I have to do the same job on mine this weekend.

...I can't remember if you've got a Dremel or not, I've one you can borrow if you need one, definitely got the cutting discs for the job! ;)

Where can I get some of that heat reflecting tape?

Most motorfactors, there's Motormania down the road from you or possibly Halfords, summat like that

Nice one Heds...I have a Dremel thingy , but need some discs, so I might cadge a few if you have spares!

No probs, you'll only need the one I assure you ;)

Archived