attention Foo

porter_jamie

You seem to know about PICs and stuff.

What does it take to make an (programmable) electronic ignition module?

what i want:

inputs.

36-1 or 12-2 or whatever toothed wheel which works an inductive sensor which counts RPM, wasted spark is ok

0-5V throttle position

Outputs

switch to earth to collapse the coil at the correct time. Just one coil, one cylinder for now.

tacho driver would be nice

Software

row of boxes like an excel sheet where i can type in how many degrees BTDC i want at 500 rpm intervals or whatever, and every 10% TPS if possible

Is a PIC the best place to start, or what about a motorola 080 whatever? I have only met someone once who claimed it would be a piece of piss to do, and i believed it would be for him, which is why he is the director of a tech company somewhere. I can't do electrical, so could you point me in the right direction please? Is there some kind of idiots guide / starter kit you can buy? I can make a fancy billet case to put it in though.

any input gratefully received, even if it is to give up now!

You seem to know about PICs and stuff.

What does it take to make an (programmable) electronic ignition module?

what i want:

inputs.

36-1 or 12-2 or whatever toothed wheel which works an inductive sensor which counts RPM, wasted spark is ok

0-5V throttle position

Outputs

switch to earth to collapse the coil at the correct time. Just one coil, one cylinder for now.

tacho driver would be nice

Software

row of boxes like an excel sheet where i can type in how many degrees BTDC i want at 500 rpm intervals or whatever, and every 10% TPS if possible

Is a PIC the best place to start, or what about a motorola 080 whatever? I have only met someone once who claimed it would be a piece of piss to do, and i believed it would be for him, which is why he is the director of a tech company somewhere. I can't do electrical, so could you point me in the right direction please? Is there some kind of idiots guide / starter kit you can buy? I can make a fancy billet case to put it in though.

any input gratefully received, even if it is to give up now!

Have you seen these guys? Jaycar

Looks simple and cheap although I've not tried one myself....

Archived