TZR Engine finshed :)

Sean

Hi guys took some time out over the Christmas break to rebuild the motor and give it a quick freshen up. Started as a top end rebuild, and went on the have the crank cases matched to my Mick Abbey barrel, re sprayed them in PJ1 satin black, all new bearings, a nice NOS crank a got for £32 a few months back, made a 10mm reed valve spacer on the milling machine at college, machined the fly wheel lighter. Heads been skimmed and re profiled and it now running at 0.8mm squish and a tz style o-ring, so no head gasket . Got some nice boyson duel stage reed petals aswell. Made a little powervalve cover out of some Perspex I had laying round. Back in the bike now just getting some run in miles down before giving her a thrashing this summer. Seems to pull amazingly well at the minute and haven’t wound her up yet at all, cant wait.DSC00650.jpgDSC00674.jpgDSC00678.jpgDSC00681.jpgDSC00683.jpg

Baking the PJ1 paint on of corse :eusa_think: might just be me, but by doing this seems to make it alot stronger, my carb bowl leaked over night and i simply wiped the puddle of full off the crank cases. not a mark or blemish. Cheers Guys

Still running a standard exhaust on there, and the italian import versions had far more power nearly 25-26. Cheers for the positive comments guys

Archived