Top shock mount help for a gsxr

will#224

I need a top shock mount for a gsxr, it would be from a k1/k2/k3.

At least i think i need that particular mount, it would need to a have an m16 thread which would be 55mm long and a 30mm opening for the top of the shock. The bolt that runs through that to secure the shock would have an m10 thread.

I've spied one on ebay for £3 but its not height adjustable. I'm fitting an ohlins shock to a bike that it wasn't origionally intended for. It came from a 600cc k1 and its going on a zxr400.

It looks like the thread diameter for the gsxr shock mount is m20. Not a problem as i can open out the mount on my frame.

What size is the ZXR one? I have a zxr one, 1 I made for an RD (which is at work, will need to measure it tomorrow). Or I could knock you one up if you want for a few beer tokens

Paul

The zxr is 28mm opening and 16mm thread. Just needs to be as per my zxr one but 30mm opening really.

How many beer tokens we talking? Ally?

Would it not be easier to take 1mm of each inside face of the zxr one, or isn't there much meat there?

Would it not be easier to take 1mm of each inside face of the zxr one, or isn't there much meat there?

There is, the current version is steel also but i'd prefer not to do something like this as i dont fancy the rear shock entering my rectum should it fail.

There is, the current version is steel also but i'd prefer not to do something like this as i dont fancy the rear shock entering my rectum should it fail.

Thats what I did, or £5 for your very own "made" one.....................

Thats what I did, or £5 for your very own "made" one.....................

Fair play

Dremmel at the ready and a kevlar pair of undercrackers just in case.

Archived