S3a 400 rebuild

cabbie

Here's my little Kawasaki S3a 400 back in 1979 with me being a pratt

Photo001.jpg

DSCF0001.jpg

I loved this bike and had great fun with it, the bike got put in a lock up and got buried with junk for 25 years, the lock up was cleared 12 months ago and my little 400 came out in the daylight again

DSCF0002.jpg

I was going to rebuild it to original spec BUT after looking at the prices of spare parts thought it cheaper to build a "special"

The start to finish build is here

http://kawasakikhregister.myfastforum.org/about987.html

Here's the finished bike, Ohlins forks and rear shock, supermoto wheels, new paint and powder coat, cbr 400 swing arm, home made reed valves and loads of fabrication work.

DSCF0005-5.jpg

Photo080-2.jpg

Little vid of the first start up, the new carbs are way off but a visit to Bob Farnham will sort that out.

love it mate,was it at the stafford show last october? and by chance i saw its rival earlier,a blue kettle rode past the pub today and no i wasnt drunk and seeing things :thumbsup:

I know not what it is but I know what I like and that I like! You've brought it bang up to date, it looks amazing, top work :thumbsup:

Good to see more pictures of this, I saw it in CMM a few months back. Top notch bike and wonderful fusion of old, intermediate and modern parts :shock:

Good Work Fella !

Perfect combination of old and new, just my cup of tea. Apart from the white frame...

I had a standard one of these a few years back, kinda wish I'd kept it now.

SDN884P.jpg

That is really gorgeous , good work Sir :tacheemoticonwh7:

• 2 weeks later...

its nice to see one left, i use to work for a import/export bike shop and i use to send loads back to japan. 250/400,h1 and h2, 400 superdreams. gt380. you would get a lot of money in japan fo that.

Nah, I reckon they're Adidas Kicks.

Yup tha samba's had the three little plugs in the heel of the sole.. :D

Great bike, looks the nuts!! :lol:

I really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really like that.

Really.

I really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really like that.

Really.

Really.

(Really)

Are you sure? You sound a bit undecided to me :wacko:

Archived