Chain and sprocket recommendations

madmike

I think ive posted a million times about NC29 chain and sprockets BUT... Mr Graeme france is selling them at good prices! (Standard sizes!)

Road - £88

Race - £108

(Delivered)

Im after some peoples opinion really.

Chain Brand DID or SSS. Renthal or Talon sprockets for race - JT for road.

Difference between road and race - is race spec is thinner pitch so lighter - more power to the back wheel - plus HA ally spec sprockets as opposed to steel.

Now, im not a race nut atm so im not after the lightest and quickest... I want something that will last. I usually trot around on the bike a good 3 times a week and usually keep the revs low about town ... i rarely reach about 7k rpm :eusa_whistle:

so... Which would be stronger for everyday use? :pb2:

Taaaa!

B&C chain and sprocket kit is £126 for tsbuaki X-Ring chain. But it doesn't mention the sizes at all and I don't want to order something the wrong sized as it will offset my speedo.

Im really considering paying a really nice £88 for JT Sprockets and a D.I.D or SSS chain (providing its X-Ring)

Anyone else have J.T sprockets or a D.I.D chain?

I've got a renthal chain on the mito350 at the moment. Have been pretty impressed so far, not tested to destruction yet but seems good quality. I also got a little pot of their non aerosol chain lube which is soooo much better than the stuff in a can. It's easier to control how much you're putting on so you don't end up with chain lube flung all over everything.

I should also mention that I've got JT sprockets on all my bikes and the bike shop I work part time in sells them and I've never known of any complaints. I would advise you to go for steel sprockets if possible. They wear a lot slower than the ally ones and its a bit of a shitter if your rear sprocket wears out before the front one and the chain cos you should never put a new chain on old sprockets or vice versa.

Archived