Help she won't fire, zx10r prob.

budda

Help she won't fire.....

Help me, put the fuel tank back on my 04 10r after winter strip down and she wont fire up.

Batteries good, fuels new, no FI light = should go.....GGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Spins up fine and can't see any loose connectors.

Any ideas realy appreciated guys, have also fitted a full system but don't think this should matter.

If I spray carb cleaner into the intake she fires, so I'm thinking no fuel, can't smell any at the can?

I had a similar problem recently, tilt sensor? kinked pipe? exup type valve cables removed and if so have you done a little cheat to make it think its still there? They are very sensitive those little servos.

Have a look on the kwak forums, your dash can display an error code which should point you in the right direction.

Q, you did plug the fuel pump back in didnt you (i know it sounds stupid but ive known people forget it)

A, its not stupid cos Ive done that before, tis plugged in now.

Q, I had a similar problem recently, tilt sensor? kinked pipe? exup type valve cables removed and if so have you done a little cheat to make it think its still there? They are very sensitive those little servos.

Have a look on the kwak forums, your dash can display an error code which should point you in the right direction.

A, no error codes displayed mate, and no cheat fitted was led to believe that removing the cables but not removing the servo would avoid this prob. Tilt sensor where's that live then? kinked pipes will check tomorrow.

Thanks guys.

Not sure on the ZX10 but its a little black box plugged into the back near the lighting section of the loom on a zx6.

You'll hear the fuel pump prime when ignition is on, if you unplug the fuel line to the injecters fuel will squirt when you briefly switch ignition on.

Again not sure on the ZX10 but on the earlier 06/07 zx6 you had to either get a cheat to make it think it was operating or remove it and wire something in instead. I'm told if the cables are removed without much care its easy to bugger the servo. When the ignition is switched on the servo should rotate once. Does it?

Yeah the pump is priming and the servo operates, I was very carefull to try to avoid this situation...........Dammit!!

Gonna strip it all down tomorrow, had the tank painyed also so I'm gonna drain it and check the filters.....

Should be fine, I masked it myself.

Are the feed and return lines on the correct way round after you've had the tank painted? Should be easy enough to check fuel is coming out.

I sit corrected. It's time to stand and look at it, occasionally scratching your head, then sipping tea. Let me know if this fixes it!

Quickshifters not plugged in yet mate, its physically there but not yet connected up.

Gonna drain and check the tank for blockages next, its gotta be fuel to my mind. I stand prepared for humble pie though, will have a look after tea.

You got it going yet pal?

No mate she's pumping fuel so its time to strip back the tank airbox etc, and re-check all the connectors.

ho-hum better that than watch wife telly........ :icon_bounce:

No alarm either lads.

:D Hmmm i wonder, when I first started the bike the quickshifter was plugged in but no software for it was on the pc3, could this have caused the prob?

I have removed the plug since and still no luck.

Make sure you have connected the Power Commander correctly. The plugs on the 04 10Rs that the PC plugs into are not "handed" and they can be plugged in back to front.

Disconnect the PC and see if it fires. If it does, then check the PC connections carefully.

Gonna have to do this next i reckon, nothing has been disturbed in this circuit so it should be good gonna have to remove it and try that though will do a bit more digging first.

Cheers Zak.

Yep, its the power commander took it out and she fires up, can't get the computer to send a map to the pc111.

I have never tried sending a map before is it as simple as just plugging it in and sending it then?

Does this mean its fooked.... :wub:

My mate had exactly this problem on his '04 10R. When the bike would fire, it ran like a bag'o'shite. He thought the PC was goosed as the laptop couldnt find it, or connect to it. Turns out (after dropping the engine and sending it back to his tuner, that the daft bastard had connected the PC plugs the wrong way round. Check them very carefully.

You can always check the PC by disconnecting it and powering it from a 9v battery (Dynojet sell a wee adapter lead thingy....I might even have one kicking about. Will see if I can find it for ya).

Sending a map is a piece of pee.....download the software from Dynojet, connect a USB lead, power up the PC (either from the bike of from a battery), load the map into the PC software and click "Send Map".

Yeah the plugs are the same so its easy to get wrong, the bikes been running eith the PC connected before.

I think I have wiped the map somehow, I connected the quickshifter without the software loaded and I think that caused the problem.

Have got one of those power leads off ebay for a penny, gonna load it all up then re-fit, failing that it'll be back off to powercommander uk.

cheers again, especially Bernster for the link to the right software.

Archived